Race driver GRID

There a lot of "it doesnt work on my machine therefore the game must be ****" in this thread...

Its a PC game, its not exactly designed for standardised hardware like the console versions, you have to give it some slack!

There a lot of "it doesnt work on my machine therefore the game must be ****" in this thread...

Its a PC game, its not exactly designed for standardised hardware like the console versions, you have to give it some slack!

I'm quite amazed by all the people having trouble, never had a crash or anything since I got it, only the jaggered shadows sometimes and the inability to go to page 2 in mp, but that aside, in sp it's perfect, runs stable and at great fps.
hmm no chance I can run native 1920x1200 no aa, 8800GT, 4400x2, 2GB?

What cpu do u have, all I can say is that my card ( wich is essentially a tiny bit overclocked 8800gt with updated cooling) runs MUCH faster with my cpu higher, in fact there's a 25% difference in fps between 2.13 and 3.2 ghz... ( in 3dmark06, and some older 3d games) You could try but I expect you to get 30-50 fps at that res, but I don't know your cpu or how much grid is dependant on a cpu.
EDIT: no AA ?
Should be doable with no AA tbh, just try the demo.

Last edited:
ok how is this then; mine works fine... then at random it will pause, indefinetly, on the loading screen between races... any ideas?
Oh and just to get the game to run I have to have it set to run as admin all the time :(
I love this game, when it works, some please help!

ok how is this then; mine works fine... then at random it will pause, indefinetly, on the loading screen between races... any ideas?
Oh and just to get the game to run I have to have it set to run as admin all the time :(
I love this game, when it works, some please help!

The pausing: I'm not too sure, could be anything, have your tried disabling stuff like antivirus ?

As for running as admin: I wouldn't know, I'm using the hidden admin account, and therefore, everything I launch is started in admin mode automatically.

also running vista 64.
Game has never crashed or anything, just think it's crap :D
(and the controller issue)

i think grid runs AMAZINGLY well tbh. although slowdown is...weird. it doesnt seem to frame skip at all, it just goes slowmo for a second. very odd lol

its impossible with the keyboard with driver aids off, but works very well with the 360 pads:) i have had no problems at all with it. vista 64, steam version, running at 1920x1200 using an 8800gtx and a 3.2ghz e2160. its not realistic at all, but i dont care. it sure is fun.

Last edited:
It's one of the best looking racing games out there but can look really ugly at times...depends on how you drive :P

damaged.jpg

i think grid runs AMAZINGLY well tbh. although slowdown is...weird. it doesnt seem to frame skip at all, it just goes slowmo for a second. very odd lol
I get that as well aometimes in a race, it is exactly like slowmotion, it is very short and after that it runs fine again.

I have never had one lockup or BSOD and I have played for quite a while, I think I saw in a loading screen I had driven ~800 miles.

Back
Top Bottom