Sky DSL Settings?

Soldato
I am trying to use a different router for my sky adsl, as the router I have now keeps dropping internet and sometimes reboots itself, for no apparent reason!

I have my logon and pass from the interweb site that takes the mac code and your sn, but I've had no joy.

I have a linksys router which asks for those details along with emulation (pppoa), vci (38)/vpi (0) and some others that i dont know:

Multiplexing (LLC or VC)
Qos type: (UBR, some others i forget)
Pcr Rate
Scr Rate
Autodetect (disabled)
Host name, domain name, MTU etc.

Does anyone know what settings I would need to use?

Much appreciated.

Associate
One does not simply login to Sky Broadband...

But seriously, any details Sky have provided you with (for website logins, etc.) will not work. Your Sky Broadband login is hardcoded into the Sky router and there's no page in the routers web interface that allows you to view or change these details. Basically, Sky only want their own routers logging into Sky Broadband.

I've read that it is possible to extract the login details from the routers firmware but I have no idea what software you'd need. You might also need the routers MAC number (note: not the same as MAC code).

Probably easier to contact Sky and get a replacement router. The old V1 router is notorious for poor wireless performance. If you currently have a V1 (Netgear DG834) then changing to a V2 (Netgear DG934) may well fix your issues.

edit: found this regarding Sky logins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom