Dell S2409W 24" Widescreen True HD LCD Monitor - Black

Soldato
Ive moved my screen back to my office, and i get a much much better picture on it here.

The office is well light, while at home, its quite dark, actually its like night and day.

In the office it looks a fabulous screen, at home, i wasnt impressed.

Very strange.

Soldato
well I took the plunge and ordered it directly from the maker yesterday. estimated delivery date isnt until the 9th but at least it was only £202 inc delivery.

The pictures seem pretty good, and considering I dont game on my PC so it will only be used by me for work, I think it should be more than up to the task. Im going from 2 x 19" 4:3 screens to this, so I am hoping I wont lose to much screen space but tidy up my desk.

Soldato
well I took the plunge and ordered it directly from the maker yesterday. estimated delivery date isnt until the 9th but at least it was only £202 inc delivery.

The pictures seem pretty good, and considering I dont game on my PC so it will only be used by me for work, I think it should be more than up to the task. Im going from 2 x 19" 4:3 screens to this, so I am hoping I wont lose to much screen space but tidy up my desk.

You'll be losing ~ 20% of your desktop real estate (or just over 547,000 pixels).

Associate
Just waiting for the neighbour to come home so I can pick up my monitor as they signed for it and kept it for me while I was at uni.
Will try and post pics/review when I get it set up.

Soldato
Ive moved my screen back to my office, and i get a much much better picture on it here.

The office is well light, while at home, its quite dark, actually its like night and day.

In the office it looks a fabulous screen, at home, i wasnt impressed.

Very strange.

That is pretty odd, u sure you adjusted the contrast/brightness higher when at home ?

Either that or its a poor TN panel at best...

Soldato
Just got an email from the courier, they are delivering tomorrow morning, not bad service at all, a hell of a lot better than the estimated delivery date of the 9th!

Once its set-up ill post pics and a little review.

Associate
I'm very tempted with this monitor too to replace my 20" LCD.
I'm on the look out for a HD monitor as I'll be getting Blu-Ray soon....for the price the screen seems great, especially for a 24" as well!
How are people getting on with it whilst playing games? Any screenshots of Crysis etc on it?

Soldato
Well it arrived today, at 7:40am ! :eek:

Only 2 a couple on minutes to setup and install, I havent tweaked any settings yet so all everything is how it lef tthe factory. The first thing I check ed for was dead pixels, but I was happy to not find a single duff one. first impression are I am really happy with it, The screen looks pretty smart for £200 and the image is sharp, bright and detailed, and thats before Iv had chance to tweak it.

I dont use my for gaming so lag isnt an issue, I have messed around dragging windows everywhere, scrolling fast etc and I cant see any lag at all. The viewing angle is also pretty good, although this again isnt an issue as its only me watching it sat face on at a desk.

Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase, I have lost around 400 pixels in width over my 2 x 19" screens, but gained a few height wise. more importantly it doesnt feel like I have lost any desktop real estate, the image is better than my old Samsungs and its tidied up the desk and cabling nicely.

SDC10332800x600.jpg

Sorry the pictures crap, I couldnt upload any more as BT kindly cancelled my BB connection by error, and im having to use my work mobile phone as a modem! Ill post some better quality ones if they ever get round to switching back on my BB

bee

bee

Associate
looks good to me, i've decided i can wait another 10 days or so for the benq to be released then decide which one to get, definitely gonna get one of them though

Associate
Well, finally got around to posting my little review as well, no pictures I'm afraid as my camera is having issues.
The monitor itself looks very nice with the glossy design and the buttons don't distract when the monitor is in use, furthermore the monitor remembers the settings for each connection.
I received the monitor 2 days ago, had no dead pixels and was easy to set up.
All you need to do is screw the stand onto the monitor itself, a totally tool less task.
I bought this monitor mainly to use with my 360 and for when I wanted to watch a film on my macbook and I think it's well suited for these tasks.
Colours are bright, no lag seems present and viewing angles aren't that bad, you can easily sit together with a few friends and watch something.
I'm very happy with the purchase and I recommend the monitor for anyone who needs a monitor mainly for the occasional laptop use and console gaming.

Soldato
Id suggest everyone trying the difference with a well lit and a poorly lit room.

The difference in quality is extremely stark, in a well light room the screen is superb, in a dimly lit room (like my computer corner) it was relatively poor for windows use, although looked for for media and games.

Associate
Id suggest everyone trying the difference with a well lit and a poorly lit room.

The difference in quality is extremely stark, in a well light room the screen is superb, in a dimly lit room (like my computer corner) it was relatively poor for windows use, although looked for for media and games.

Really? Would anyone be able to post some pictures to show the difference, I've seen some pictures of dark/dim light and the picture looks ok.

Soldato
OP
Finnally got it as my birthday was on saturday and all i can say is that it looks absolutly stunning and for the price i think its the best electronice item i have bought, i have taken a few pictures none in game as of yet. The image is sharp and there is no noticable ghosting! I am absolutly over the moon with it and it dwarfed my old Hyundai 12ms 17", i dont think i will ever be able to use a smaller screen for home use!!!

img0812tx9.jpg

img0814xw9.jpg

A comparison with my old monitor!!

img0815xr0.jpg

img0816ec9.jpg

img0822eg0.jpg

img0823aq6.jpg

img0824aw8.jpg

Associate
hiya guys im an owner of a Dell 2407 24" monitor and im thinking about getting one of these for my second monitor. My main purpose for the screen would be primarily for me xbox 360 and secondly as a second pc monitor. In my opinion the Dell 24" 2407 is terrible for the 360 as it is blurry & ghosts like mad even when in 1920 resolution, looks a lot crisper on my much larger samsung 40" in 720p....im assuming this is because its not true 1:1 pixel ratio but it looks amazing on pc games.

Im not too technical so forgive me if i sound stupid but my questions are:

a) Will the S2409W look sharp and good in 1080p on my 360 ?
b) has anyone had it running on the 360 noticed if it ghosts ?
c) i only have the early 360 without hdmi, will it display ok with VGA ?

thanks

Associate
To answer your question some one on another forum told me that it is really good with a 360 there isnt any ghosting and im not sure what it is like via vga but im sure it will look good

Associate
I have a quick question i'm looking at getting one of these monitors what sort of graphics card will i need to view files in 1080p

Back
Top Bottom