IE8 Flickering

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Some websites flicker/flash randomly when I view them using IE8 on Windows 7, whilst others are fine.

OcUK forums for example are fine, but Pistonheads randomoly flickers. Google works, but my iGoogle homepage flickers and flashes so much its unreadable.

Any ideas?

Don
not the response you're after.

but install Firefox, then install adblock plus for it. (and select the 'easylist' subscription)

stable, faster browsing with no crappy adverts.

also install the latest driver for your video card

did you manage to get 7 sorted?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I prefer IE and have no Addons, this is a completely fresh install and it's done it since I first connected it to the net.

Soldato
Have you tried the same pages on different web browsers?

OT but what's the [TW] part of username relate to? Several people have it on here, is it a clan or something? :p

Soldato
Sounds obvious but have you restarted the computer since installing any drivers and got the latest graphics drivers. Whenever I update my drivers on Win 7 without restarting my IE8 flickers.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14256333 said:
New graphics card driver on Windows Update resolved everything :)

While it may have solved it I wouldn't recommend using a Windows Update graphics card driver. They tend to be out of date and not necessarily tuned for performance.

Presumably you have a Nvidia or ATi card? Why not pop over to their website and download the latest driver?

Man of Honour
OP
While it may have solved it I wouldn't recommend using a Windows Update graphics card driver. They tend to be out of date and not necessarily tuned for performance.

It's a laptop, the most performance I need is Transport Tycoon. Intel do not have a driver as new as this one on their website.

Presumably you have a Nvidia or ATi card? Why not pop over to their website and download the latest driver?

No, it is an Intel integrated GMA950.

Back
Top Bottom