program to open .lvf file?

Associate
OP
pho, I'm in heanor. small world!
Right, been playing around a bit more,and it seems the live feed is recording to laptop, but nothing is showing up in the folder it's meant to be in.something is definatly being written to the laptop as the c drive is fuller after recording.I'll have another go at posting some images.
http://img80.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cdriveafterrecord.png

Last edited:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I'm more towards the Ashbourne side, but I know it :).

Looks like they're going to be going into either your Videos folder or your Documents folder; might be worth a search in there for large files. If you still can't find them try enabling the viewing of hidden files just incase. Are there any options to open recorded lvf files etc in this program?

It actually looks pretty good for what it is too.

Associate
OP
yep they should be in my video folder but nothing there:confused:
enabled view hidden files also, but nothing showing up:confused::confused:
something has definitelybeen added to my hard drive but I can't find it.
this may sound really stupid, but could the recorder be encoding the file in a way that windows does'nt recognise it(not sure how linux software works)?
another thought. I have a usb hard drive which I partitioned and use one partition for ps3 stuff. this partition does not show up when plugged into laptop because it's fat32 not ntfs. Could the fact win 7 uses ntfs make a difference?

Last edited:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I wouldn't have thought so, it would only be able to do that if it was writing to a Linux filesystem on your hard drive which it doesn't appear to be doing.

You could try overdisk to find the biggest files on your hard drive; it's likely these will be the videos if they're of any great length.

Associate
OP
right then, overdisk is showing the files in C:\users\john\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\john\
now when I try to access I can open as far as temporary internet files but the rest is not showing

Associate
OP
whooohoooo!!! used command tab on overdisk to open folder and there it is as an avi file. can copy to disk and all:D:D
now can any one explain to me why on earth these files dont just record straight to my video folder?
thanks again pho, you're a star:D:D

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Nice :D.

It looks like it _should_ be writing to the right place; you can see in the folder name the correct path (C\Users\john\) but it's in that visualised folder. A bit of Googling reveals that this might be to do with Internet Explorer and its protection mode.

You can disable it by doing this:
Protected Mode can be configured in Internet Explorer's Internet Options dialog. To configure Protected Mode, click the Security tab, select a Web content zone, and then change the "Enable Protected Mode" check box. By default, Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet, Intranet, and Restricted Sites zones. To verify that Internet Explorer is running in Protected mode, look for the words "Protected Mode: On" next to the Web content zone displayed in Internet Explorer's status bar..

But remember it's there for a reason so it's up to you.

Associate
OP
changed settings in ie but files are still being written to virtualized folder.this is no biggie though because at least I know where they are now and can access them.
however,I can still only record live feed to laptop not pre recorded stuff.
I can view pre recorded files through the lvrweb interface and can capture still images of footage, but the record option is greyed out.This brings me back to the option of backup to usb dongle which gives me files in .lvf format.
So I either need a program to convert .lvf to avi, or a a program that will allow me to access the dvr via lan and access pre recorded footage.
This is so frustrating:mad:
Much more googling me thinks:(

Associate
OP
no luck in finding any program to open lvf files,
I have downloaded trial version of camtasia and it does screen record. a bit of a long winded way of resolving my problem(have to log into dvr via web interface,find pre recorded footage,playbacck via web interface,use screen record on camtasia then save to file on laptop),but at least it works.
does anyone know of any free software that does screen record? does'nt need to be as fancy as camtasia(much more than I need in both capabilities and price),

Associate
The LVF files could be archive files used to store/compress the data. Try renaming the suffix to .cab or .zip and use a program such as WinRAR to open them.

If that fails download MediaInfo and see if it recognizes it as a valid media file.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Last edited:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
changed settings in ie but files are still being written to virtualized folder.this is no biggie though because at least I know where they are now and can access them.
however,I can still only record live feed to laptop not pre recorded stuff.
I can view pre recorded files through the lvrweb interface and can capture still images of footage, but the record option is greyed out.This brings me back to the option of backup to usb dongle which gives me files in .lvf format.
So I either need a program to convert .lvf to avi, or a a program that will allow me to access the dvr via lan and access pre recorded footage.
This is so frustrating:mad:
Much more googling me thinks:(

Without seeing it it's pretty awkward to work out I think.. I don't suppose it's accessable via the internet is it?

Associate
When i've had to get any cctv off onto disc/usb from our system, it always puts the "player" software on there too.
Sure it's not on the usb stick in another folder.

Sorry, if i've completely missed the point :D

Associate
OP
thanks for the input pmbuzz, but all it backs up onto usb are the lvf files.
wondering if the backup files are in a compressed archive, if so I need to work out how to open them.
when recording live feed onto laptop it saves as avi files so this makes me think the lvf files are compressed.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
You could try sending me a file and I'll have a play.. record a fairly small one (a few seconds worth) to keep the filesize down though.

Associate
OP
long awaited update. not really looked at dvr prob for a while, but I had to get some footage off player. after some head scratching and lots of swearng, I tried haali media splitter and gdsmux converts the files to .mkv!!

yaeeeee! problem solved
Must admit I danced a little jig then realised the cameras were recording.
fortunatley only me there so it got deleted(couldnt have thatfinding it's way onto youtube)lol
thanks again guys, and hope this luverly little program might help anyone with the same problem

Associate
PLEASE help me! I have the same DVR and it has .lvf files that I CAN NOT convert AND I have no idea what codecs the files were compressed with! PLEASE help! I have tried Haalia Splitter and gdsmux and can't get it to work! PLEASE HELP! Thanks SO much! ;)

[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom