CC Cleaner on SSD - wipe free space - GRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
CC Cleaner on SSD - wipe free space - help plz :(

GRRR dont do it. Its crap.

I followed instructions and used the Wipe Free Space on SSD's using the slower secure method in the hope it was like the Trim Command. As im on raid trim isnt supported yet and ofc theres those win 7 problems.

So here's the results :(:(:(

before cc cleaner:

35m2vq0.png

1 pass of wipe free space:
2nu20ld.png

2nd pass of wipe free space: (apparently some ppl 2nd pass reverted the changes)
2iw0umo.png

My drive is effectively 66% of what it used to be :/ What can i do to revert back to original performance?

Can i clone the drive, format then drag the clone back accross?!? will that work?

Last edited:
Soldato
The following may work, make a backup image of it (Acronis True Image or other), put it on another HDD, then run HDDerase 3.3 on your SSD, then put the backup image onto your clean SSD...

Associate
i have posted quite an number of times in the past unless CC cleaner is doing an low level format it degrade the SSD

backup the SSD to an second drive and use HDDerase (there are 3-4 versions some do not work on some motherboards) then restore the SSD from HDD

Win7 backup is easy for this as all you got to do is reconnect your Hard disk and pop the win7 disk back in pick repair and complete pc restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom