Noctua NH-D14 vs Corsair H-50

Associate
Been looking at both of these CPU coolers (Noctua NH-D14) (Corsair H-50) for a few days and cant decide which one to go for. The Noctua doesn't seem to be on Overclockers at the moment so i linked to Noctuas website. Please give me a few good pointers and let me know what you think! :D

Thanks,

Jake

Associate
OP
The cases I'm looking at are the Fractal Design Define R2 or the Antec 1200. If i was to go with the H50 I'm looking at getting a couple of Apache fans to go with it.

Permabanned
I had this dilema last week myself. Already had the H50 and wanted the DH-14 for better temps etc etc...

I ended up with the Thermalright VenomousX and i am definatly more happy with air cooling and my temps are better.

Its a lot smaller than i was expecting which was a bonus as i was worried about the size of theDH-14 tbh.

Associate
OP
Well I really hope they do get the D14 because it looks like it would be a great addition to OcUK. Yeah I'm also a bit worried about the size and weight of the D14. I'll have a look at the VenomousX.

Soldato
I've had the NH-D14 since November and weight has never been an issue. My computer has even been transported round to friends etc in the car and it still holds on without any adverse effects to the motherboard.

Its size is the only issue but if you use RAM without big heat spreaders, go for it. I should have a Venomous X soon to test though.

Associate
OP
Helios1234 do you think you could send me an email via the trust system and tell me how the Venomous X goes against the D14? It looks like the cooler i will most likely buy for my new system.

Associate
Nobody would mean too but that doesn't stop it from happening from time to time. Anyway reading some proper forum reviews rather than the bit-tech one and it seems pretty special.

Associate
OP
The TRUE Copper looks really good actually but it's really heavy and you have to have the computer horizontal so it doesn't break your motherboard. I haven't found a comparison between the D14 and the Venomous X could anyone post a link to one?

Associate
I had the H50 the i got the N-14 and the n-14 beat the h50 by about 5-6deg stock and about 7-8degs LinX full load.
Thus the N-14 is still the king of the coolers, i havent seen any reviews that suggest otherwise.
Im getting better temps by turning the n-14 so that the top is the exsaust therefor i would conclude that it beats the h50 by about another 1-2 degs on top of the standard.
Even with the u.l.n.a filters in it beats the h50 by 5degs.
if you mount the n-14 so the exsaust is at the top of the case none of the ram slots are covered on my ud3 and it gets better temps this way so id say go for the n-14

Back
Top Bottom