Project: H2GO

Associate
OP
what about using right angled SATA cables?

I could do but then id have to space them and put the connections side by side, id also have to buy 4 new sata cables.

Im going to get some cable braid for at least the fan cables, and a couple of extensions too so i can tidy it up a bit more.

Pics will of course follow.

Associate
Hey Dan shame to see you scrapped the Lian Li G70B build, did you just get fed up of the hiccups or were you just not convinced with the case?

I will be keeping an eye on this one as am looking forward to seeing it complete.

*Subscribed*

Associate
OP
Got fed up of things going wrong for little gain, the case was great. Ill most likely watercool the just the CPU in this build, its easy and doesn't involve messing with 3 figure graphics cards!

Associate
OP
Just ordered some braid and heatshrink, decided to stick with a green theme to go with the green LED's.

Ive got 8mm for my PSU cables, ill braid 2 together, bit less messy, bit different and half the work. 4mm for fan cables and 10mm for sata cables, im not sure if ill do them yet but ill see how they look.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
A few pics, ive changed to H50 around, it would fit with the pipes at the bottom but it bends the pipes a lot and i would'nt be happy with them at that angle. The pipes dont touch the top of the case now and that was causing i slight buzz before.

100_0362.jpg

100_0352.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0360.jpg

Associate
OP
Ive got braiding and heat shrink! All but the 5mm heat shrink is adhesive lined so that will hold the braid in nicely.

100_0365.jpg

100_0368.jpg

My first ever attempt at braiding, managed to do the molex lead in about an hour. Its awkward the way the pins are connected, think this was the hardest cable to start with.

100_0369.jpg

100_0370.jpg

Associate
Nice one, like the black and green look. I think braided cables look so much better but i bet i would mess up on doing it. looking forward to more updates on the build

Associate
OP
PM's have been sent :)

I can see where you're coming from with the H50, there's a few on here that dont like the look of them but they work well for the cost so i think i can put up with it for now.

Ive not had much time to continue with the braiding, ive done one Sata power cable but there is a few hours work left yet.

Associate
OP
Found a bit of time over the weekend to continue braiding, got all but the graphics card power cables done, few pics.

100_0379.jpg

100_0383.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0382.jpg

100_0385.jpg

The 24 pin ATX started off like this, after i connected it i realised id briaded the cables the wrong way, as im braiding 2 together this way made the braid twist and it looks crap.
100_0388.jpg

So i changed it round and now it looks like this, much neater.
100_0402.jpg

Associate
Ive got braiding and heat shrink! All but the 5mm heat shrink is adhesive lined so that will hold the braid in nicely.

100_0369.jpg

hi, i am cable braiding atm and i was wondering how did you get bariding and heatshrink onto the middle section of wires between the two molex ??:confused:

Associate
OP
hi, i am cable braiding atm and i was wondering how did you get bariding and heatshrink onto the middle section of wires between the two molex ??:confused:

With difficulty!

I remove the plastic bits and from the floppy power side i put a straw over the 2 cables and then folded the wires so the molex pins were pointing towards the straw then wedged the molex pins in the end of the straw, with the braid cut to size i melted the ends slightly to stop it fraying and slid it over the straw and the pins, then onto the middle bit of cable.

Back
Top Bottom