First Phase Change Build.

Soldato
Componants used for this build:

Highly (Hitachi) CHZ33LC4-U Compressor
Piotres 1m lineset
0.92 cap tube 2.86m length
Luve Contardo STVF 194 1935w Condenser

These pics are the dry assembled SS.
It was pointed out to me by Dualist at Benchtec UK, that the high side valve was in the wrong position.
So this was changed at the brazing stage, along with a tee on the low side valve as well.

Next was to braze it all up. A much harder job than i thought it would be, because of getting the Nitrogen flow correct.
Cleaned it all up with Scotchbrite and water. I was quite pleased with the result.

Next thing was the vacing down. A bit of a disaster an hour into it, the motor on my vac pump went up in smoke.
But EvoCarlos (Benchtec UK) came to the rescue and lent me his. Vac'ed it down overnight, just over 10 hours.

Next was to get some r507 into the beast. 60psi Liquid through the high side to start her up.
Then topped her up through the low side with gas as she was running. Eventual pressure was 220psi.
I did'nt take any pics at the end, but static is about 160psi and start up 260psi/270psi.
Anyway, my first frost (shan't forget that in a hurry Lol).

As i don't have a load tester, Wprime 1024 8 threads at 1.6v was used to give me a good indicater of load holding.
The result is much better than i expected. As you can see, hardly any drop worth worrying about.
The first pic is Wprime near the end of the run, with the temp at -47c under full load.
The second pic is Wprime completed, with the temp at -48.6c. This then settled at -50c

I have run Linx 20 rounds all ram selected as well. Under full load it never went below -47c on the evap :) You can see that Real Temp is showing 23c max, this is the delta between the evap temp and cpu temp (70c).

Soldato
wow that's a nice first build, check out my awesome brazing skills :D

Out of interest how much did the whole project set you back ? I was a poor student when I did mine and resorted to cannibalising fridges (reclaiming the gases obviously ;)) and charging mine with propane coz again it's cheap.

rebuilt20003.jpg

MW

Back
Top Bottom