GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 - Mobo to be released sometime in may (I heard) probably in US

Permabanned
Oh, the XL-ATX is how they fit that big cooler onto it.

My case wouldnt fit that though, just E-ATX which will still be a squeeze, but it has 275mm of width for the motherboard. Rampage III Extreme is E-ATX.

Associate
OP
Gigabyte France has released a price tag of 499 euros.

Link: http://www.pcworld.fr/2010/05/07/materiel/carte-mere/gigabyte-ga-x58a-ud9/489271/ It's in french though.

Gigabyte has released the manual for the UD9 motherboard

Specs as written in the manual are:

ud9specs1.jpg

ud9specs2.jpg

ud9specs3.jpg

Manual can be downloaded from here: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-x58a-ud9_e.pdf

Last edited:
Soldato
Rampage will no doubt clock higher. Will have to wait and see though no reviews yet. I have used gigabyte all my life. I fancy going trying the rampage 3 extreme out as review suggest its an awesome board with great OC potential. What is this XL ATX all about? Just a wider board?

Don't count on that matey, I came from a UD5 to a RIIE and with the UD5 I could get my chip clocked to 4.7GHz but with the RIIE I am struggling to even get 4.4GHz....

My UD5 could do 4.4GHz 24/7 with no issues at all, but I just can't seem to push my chip as well with the RIIE.

I personally hate Gigabyte's color scheme and with my latest build I wanted to try and stick with the same color scheme throughout (red and black) that was why I went for the Rampage.

::edit::

Wish that I'd actually waited for the RIIIE but I got impatient!!!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Don't count on that matey, I came from a UD5 to a RIIE and with the UD5 I could get my chip clocked to 4.7GHz but with the RIIE I am struggling to even get 4.4GHz....

My UD5 could do 4.4GHz 24/7 with no issues at all, but I just can't seem to push my chip as well with the RIIE.

I personally hate Gigabyte's color scheme and with my latest build I wanted to try and stick with the same color scheme throughout (red and black) that was why I went for the Rampage.

::edit::

Wish that I'd actually waited for the RIIIE but I got impatient!!!

So you got the ud5 instead of r3? Well I'm gonna wait for this board to come out and then make my decision.

Associate
OP
Talk about pointlessly large mobo cooling.

But won't it be needed for extreme over clocking or whatever. By the way I've seen some US shops have this item on pre-order for around $679 US dollars. Looks like it will be around the £500 mark when and if it hits Europe. Knowing that how many of you take the plunge and go for it? As far as I am aware, not many of you would, right?

Last edited:
Associate
If it is £500 then I can't see them selling many tbh, I think that
£350 would be a more realistic price else people will opt for the RE3 instead especially if it proves to be a good overclocker

Associate
OP
If it is £500 then I can't see them selling many tbh, I think that
£350 would be a more realistic price else people will opt for the RE3 instead especially if it proves to be a good overclocker

Dude, I wish it would be £350 :D, this mobo is the only reason I'd be buying the Lian Li PC-P80R case, if it comes out to be £450-£499 I'll just have to change my basket hahaha.

Associate
Dude, I wish it would be £350 :D, this mobo is the only reason I'd be buying the Lian Li PC-P80R case, if it comes out to be £450-£499 I'll just have to change my basket hahaha.

So what does it offer over the re3, other than more pci express lanes which in reality no one will use, can you see anyone having more than 4 gfx cards.
oh yes it has two gigabyte Lan ports which most top boards have where the re3 has only one!

I cant see many being sold at £500 unless i am missing something it has to offer. i like your choice of case btw, thinking about the black version for my next one

Soldato
With 2 NF200 chips i wonder if you'll actually be able to run more than 2 graphics cards @ 16x.
at the moment all boards inc R3E borrow some PCI-E lanes for the SATA-3 connector.

sounds hopefull, well for the nutters who can afford this AND 3 graphics cards.

Associate
OP
12th May 2010 "The GA-X58A-UD9 motherboard is available worldwide for a suggested retail price of US$649." Might not be set in stone but then again a few US stores are having this at a pre-order of $679. Looks like it will be about £500

Associate
OP
So what does it offer over the re3, other than more pci express lanes which in reality no one will use, can you see anyone having more than 4 gfx cards.
oh yes it has two gigabyte Lan ports which most top boards have where the re3 has only one!

I cant see many being sold at £500 unless i am missing something it has to offer. i like your choice of case btw, thinking about the black version for my next one

True true, but I'll probably be looking at getting one 5850 brand new and then buying another 3 used for about £100 less.:o Yeah the case is awesome, but you'd be suprized at how many here dislike it, it seems the Lian Li PC-A70F and the PC-A71F are the real deal in this forum even though the Lian Li PC-P80 is quite a bit larger.

Last edited:
Associate
True true, but I'll probably be looking at getting one 5850 brand new and then buying another 3 used for about £100 less.:o Yeah the case is awesome, but you'd be suprized at how many here dislike it, it seems the Lian Li PC-A70F and the PC-A71F are the real deal in this forum even though the Lian Li PC-P80 is quite a bit larger.

Good price for the gfx cards !!
would this size card fit into a Lian Li PC-A70F and the PC-A71F case?
i was looking also at the corsair tower , the Obsidian 800D model but its expensive

Soldato
12th May 2010 "The GA-X58A-UD9 motherboard is available worldwide for a suggested retail price of US$649." Might not be set in stone but then again a few US stores are having this at a pre-order of $679. Looks like it will be about £500

I was speaking to Gigabyte yesterday (and got some exclusive shots of the UD9 ;)) and I mentioned the R3E. Of course they were quick to say that the UD9 was better but when asked about the price, they said it'd be £150 more so £450-£500 seems correct for retail.

Back
Top Bottom