Acer GD245HQ buzzing sound problem ?

Soldato
Hi All i,m a bit worried about what i have heard about the Acer GD245HQ 23.6" 120Hz 3D Widescreen monitor ,as i was going to get one ,i,m now thinking maybe its better to spend the extra £100 and go for the Dell
Alienware OptX™ AW2310 23" (58 cm) 3D Full HD Widescreen Monitor. These are a few of what reviewers says : :confused:

"My monitor is making a strange buzzing sound though, which sometimes gets abit louder. Id love to know what this is and whether its a problem or not. Other than that, THIS MONITOR IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD"

"My monitor seems to have a very annoying humming noise whenever the screen is showing a lot of black or certain composition of colors. You can "hear" the monitor while you scroll down webpages, and it's rather annoying and I'm wondering if I have a defective unit"

Soldato
My acer 245 hq does this infact its doing it now as i write this message but only when at the very top of the web page where the overclockers sign is if i scroll down a bit it the sound disappears.

I can put up with it for now but if it get any louder i will hit it with a hammer.

Man of Honour
as the veiwing angles arnt great on either screen i think its worth the extra just to have the hight/swivel/tilt adjustments that the alienware has, i like to get comfy at my desk and adjust my periferals around me.. not the other way around, also its much sexier than the acer.. i mean just look at the stand for the acer.. IT ORANGE lo0l

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My acer is not on its original stand i have height/swivel/tilt adjustments.

thats great for you but im sure most peeps that spend ~£300 on a screen expect to use the stand it came with, shame you and others have the buzzing sound.. saw somthing about it might be down to having dynamic contrast enabled?? so might be fixable

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi All i,m a bit worried about what i have heard about the Acer GD245HQ 23.6" 120Hz 3D Widescreen monitor ,as i was going to get one ,i,m now thinking maybe its better to spend the extra £100 and go for the Dell

the 2310 is there to be had for £381.65 delivered, so youl get change from the extra £100 you wer expecting :)
at least with the 2310 you wont have buzzing sounds and you wont have to change the stand to an adjustable one :)

Soldato
OP
the 2310 is there to be had for £381.65 delivered, so youl get change from the extra £100 you wer expecting :)
at least with the 2310 you wont have buzzing sounds and you wont have to change the stand to an adjustable one :)

Yeah this is very true and worth getting ,as i hate that Orange Stand yuk !! why Orange i ask ??

Soldato
i have a Acer G24 different model to the OP but same manufacturer and i have the loud buzzing sound at the back of the screen.

very very annoying i sent it back for repair and they sent it back saying that cant hear any buzzing.

i will never ever buy a Acer monitor again there whole RMA service is a joke my monitor has other faults which Acer refuse to admit as a problem.

when tested for 8 hours apparently there engineers could not hear any buzzing sound or see any of the awful backlight bleed,there engineers are obviously deaf and blind:rolleyes:

It seems a lot of there monitors have this buzzing fault.

The Acer G24 isnt for sale on here anymore which makes my wonder if retailers know of the faults with this monitor.

Shame as the monitor is superb for gaming and has a cracking picture.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine also seems to have improved now weird maybe its just needs time to
bed in like coupe69 says.

Some people say turning on ACM gets rid of the buzz but i cant test this because the buzz isnt there atm.

Last edited:
Associate
I just got the GD245HQ, and it features this VERY annoying buzzing sound at 120 Hz. It's not there at 60 Hz. The sound changes depending on what's visible on the screen. I can't stand it.

I'm going to return it.

Associate
Do you know if Acer have fixed this since the posting, was looking at this monitor (says it comes with the glasses for £265)...but is the buzzing still an issue or sorted itself over age?

I will not be using the stand as have orderd a dual monitor stand so can mount them side be side..

Back
Top Bottom