Corsair H70 and Antec Mini P180, for those interested!

Soldato
Hi guys

For those who are wondering whether the Corsair H70 fits at the front of the case for push/pull config using front air intake, well it works in the Mini P180!

Fitted mine a few days ago and its very impressive, idle and load temps have dropped a lot not to mention the amount of space i've saved from the oversized air coolers. Obvioulsy those that already have the H50 might not see a big performance boost so might hold off but those with mid to high end air coolers should consider this.

Phenom II 955 BE @3.6ghz
TEMPS BEFORE: Asus Silent Knight AL air cooler:-

Idle @38-40
Load @56-57

TEMPS AFTER: Corsair H70:-

Idle @31-32
Load @45-46

These figures were done with a more real situation rather than a 100% cpu operation i.e. prime95 as i dont think anything really requires 100% cpu usage especially for gamers and daily users like me. So therefore these results were collected after 3-4 hours of gaming at max detail and full resolution of 1900 x 1080.

As the topic states though, the radiator and 2 fans will fit snuggly into the space on the top hard drive cage if you remove the drive cage rails top and bottom as shown below.

H703.jpg

H701.jpg

H702.jpg

H704.jpg

H706.jpg

NewtempsH70.jpg

Any questions post below.
Thanks
Jay

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
V.Nice.

considered putting my H50 in the front.

However, how did you remove the drive rails? I couldn't see any screws or whatever on them :confused:

Also, Decepticon badge ***!

Soldato
OP
Hey Hex

The top front rails are removed via 2 screws per rail. The bottom rail on the top shelf has screws near the back, look for 2 dips in the rails at the back.

The top rail however can only be removed via undoing the 2 screws in the 5.25" bay at the top. If you look in the 5.25" bay you'll see 2 screws near the left hand side, undo those to release the top rail of the top shelf.

I did this using a screw bit from a rachet as i dont have a low profile rachet small enough to fit in there.

Hope this helps :)

Soldato
OP
I was worried about that too, I had a feel of the air going in and to be honest its still quite cold even at load. The radiator is very efficient at spreading heat over a large area therefore keeping hot air at a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom