Sync speed up and down

Soldato
I have had Sky BB for the past two weeks.

I was initially told that my line could take between 10 and 20MBPS and was only getting 4. A quick call and it's now 12MBPS happy days.

Unfortunately it is up and down like a yo yo. It will be 12 then overnight in the morning will drop to c.5-6. Restart and it then goes up to about 9.

Change the filter and it will again jump back to c.12.

This is tested with the Sky D-Link router and my own bought Belkin router that previously was rock solid with O2 for the past two years when I was living in Luton.

I'm not sure where to turn, the router is connected to the master socket with no extensions etc. I have looked and seen the BT i-Plate branded about, but this only seems to up your sync speed if you are experiencing interference due to extensions so not applicable?

My current stats are as follows (Sky Router), anything amiss?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Soldato
Stats look fine, I would get routerstats on the go- it'll give you a better idea of what's happening.

Is it in training at the moment? You can see if you go to sky.com and the broadband section...

Soldato
When you first join sky you have a speed test for a whole week and you aren't meant to turn off your router since they do random speed checks.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom