renew Nod32 subscription, or fully switch to microsoft security essentials

Soldato
well i have been a big fan of both and plug them in the various threads we get on here. As it stands i have microsoft security essentials on my laptop, work pc, and Nod32 on my main rig, always used Nod32 and before microsoft security essentials it was the daddy and properly still is.. cant decide if to pay for the new subscription of fully switch over to microsoft security essentials?

did a quick google and microsoft security essentials seems to use slightly less resources that Nod32, but need to do some more checks,

any views welcome

Soldato
My renewal fee after the first year was £20.95

Ive got MSE on another pc and that doesnt pick up some infections which Nod32 does.

Soldato
I was on NOD32 for several years, but switched to MSE when my license expired. Now back on NOD32, just because it feels safer and something worth paying for I guess.

Soldato
I've never used Nod32 before although have heard of their accolades.
I've been using MSE since it's been out in beta stage and haven't looked back really. I use to use McAfee then Avira and MSE is more than a level above both of these.

Associate
Now back on NOD32, just because it feels safer and something worth paying for I guess.

I swear by NOD 32 .

Why are people A. Wasting their money? and B. Using their own brand loyalty to convince the OP what to do?

Go to http://www.av-comparatives.org/ , click on the "main comparatives" link just above the list of AV Software and read through both the latest On-Demand Comparative and Retrospective/Proactive Test.

To give you a taste of what you will be reading: NOD32 is fairly good but is below even free offerings (Avira, Avast, MSE) depending what you value.

Soldato
Nothing at all to do with brand loyalty im not that sad im afraid to like a certain brand and stick to it.

Im simply saying out of all the AVs ive used and thats a lot btw,Nod is the best imo.

I also think that its proven to have the best defence against viruses because of that its worth its money every year.

Also ive never known any AV apart from Nod to update itself twice a day sometimes,proves Eset are always constantly updating there databases for there customers.

Ive also got very good reasons for being picky with an AV due to online fraud

Those reasons have nothing to do with brand loyalty

Last edited:
Associate
I also think that its proven to have the best defence against viruses because of that its worth its money every year.

That's my point. You haven't shown anything (impartial) to indicate how good it is. Going by AV-Comparatives:

MSE is a far better proactive scanner (Free)
Avast is a far better on-demand scanner (Free)

G Data AntiVirus & Trustport Antivirus wipe the floor with everything if you wish to pay.

Infact Avira Free is a better AV than NOD32 (unless the features of the Premium version make a massive difference)...

Back
Top Bottom