BL2400PT - Small Review & Videos

Associate
Just got it, looks pretty amazing :)
Little wider than I'd of hoped for, but thats just widerscreen in general
Can't see fingers anywhere did see the tiniest ripple in the bottom right but very small

Not sure what settings to have on/off though?
And what levels over brightness etc I should have =S

Overall very impressed

Soldato
Set the brightness and contrast to about 60 each (don't use any Senseye presets) and if the overall brightness level is comfortable raise or lower the contrast so that the image looks good to you. If the brightness level isn't comfortable then adjust this first. Let me know how you get on.

Associate
Not sure what settings to have on/off though?
And what levels over brightness etc I should have =S
AMA should always be on, but otherwise settings are going to vary from screen to screen. Here's what some other people used on the other BenQ VA models (EW2420/VW2420H):

NCX:
Picture:
Brightness 26
Contrast 85
Sharpness 4
Gamma 2.2

Color-Color Temperature: User Mode:

Red 78
Green 75
Blue 72

bigjimmyauk:
brightness 32
contrast 60
sharpness 3
gamma 2.2
red 88
green 88
blue 86

topcaser:
--> Brightness 10
--> Contrast 70
--> Sharpness 2
--> Gamma 2.2
--> AMA 'On'
--> Color (Red) 87
--> Color (Green) 93
--> Color (Blue) 87

wez1981:
Monitor settings
--> Brightness 30
--> Contrast 85
--> Sharpness 4
--> Gamma 2.2
--> AMA 'On'
--> Color (Red) 82
--> Color (Green) 75
--> Color (Blue) 75

Video Driver Settings (NVidia Control Panel)
--> Brightness 55%
--> Contrast 60%
--> Gamma 0.98
--> Digital Vibrance 53%

miomao:
Brightness: 0 (80 cd/m2)
Contrast: 50
Sharpness: 2
Color temperature: "User Mode"
Red: 100
Green: 86
Blue: 87

Associate
Thanks very much,
gone for Brightness 40
con 65
sharpness 3
gamma 2.4
Will have a play with colour later, I find it a pain playing with monitor buttons :p

Speakers I found ok.

Really impressed with it overall, stand is brilliant, really good quality of the bezel, was a little concerned with it being for business. Was put off at first when AMA was off and it made me feel a tad sick looking at it, but its great with it on. What's the point in it though?
Only downside is that I thought my old dell 17" monitor was brilliant until I got this one.

Great recommendation, much appreciated!

Edit: thought it was my desktop but steam confirmed it; there's a gradient across the screen. Not apparent in many things but still there :(

Also checked a twitter page and had no fingers

Last edited:
Soldato
AMA (Advanced Motion Acceleration) is an 'overdrive' feature that speeds up the grey to grey transition time considerably. What this means is that when a pixel shifts from one shade ('grey') to another shade ('grey') it occurs more rapidly than it would with AMA disabled. The 'high contrast' transitions between very light and very dark, and vice-versa, are still relatively slow on any *VA panel and no kind of 'acceleration' can do much to improve this. That's what causes the 'black ghosting' or at least more noticeable trailing in dark scenes lit up by artificial lights.

Associate

Hope that worked

Not too sure what ghosting is but just had a go on CSS and Assassinscreed 1 and they play amazingly well

AMA (Advanced Motion Acceleration) is an 'overdrive' feature that speeds up the grey to grey transition time considerably. What this means is that when a pixel shifts from one shade ('grey') to another shade ('grey') it occurs more rapidly than it would with AMA disabled. The 'high contrast' transitions between very light and very dark, and vice-versa, are still relatively slow on any *VA panel and no kind of 'acceleration' can do much to improve this. That's what causes the 'black ghosting' or at least more noticeable trailing in dark scenes lit up by artificial lights.

Ah thanks for the explanation, I'll go try a game in a dark area! :)

Soldato
Just be warned - if you don't notice things... Don't go looking for them. Or if you do notice them just remember that when you aren't looking out for them they really aren't that bad. :)

Associate
When shaking the mouse about I saw purple/black outlines from things in Css, but nothing in normal game play. I guess that's ghosting?
The gradient was only really noticeable because of the gradient already on screen not matching up either side of the box, so nothing major.
I think I'd definitely recommend this monitor to anyone
Very impressed!

Associate
OP
When shaking the mouse about I saw purple/black outlines from things in Css, but nothing in normal game play. I guess that's ghosting?
The gradient was only really noticeable because of the gradient already on screen not matching up either side of the box, so nothing major.
I think I'd definitely recommend this monitor to anyone
Very impressed!

Can you post a pic of the twitter not found page just like mine?

http://twitter.com/404

Thanks

Soldato
What cables were included with the BL2400PT? On a video review (which was in another language) it looked like they gave you VGA, DVI and Display port.

Associate
Got two power supplies, uk/europe VGA DVI and a speaker cable. Don't think i got anything else, but rooms a bit of a tip atm!

Just wondering how I'd get the image like the true colour, say I was looking at clothes how would I know what shade it should really be? Same for printing.. =S quite significant differences on each monitor

Soldato
Glad everyone is enjoying their BL2400s :D After some in-house testing, we ordered a sizeable batch for one of our clients at work, and I picked one up too, on the spur of the moment, as I needed a secondary screen. I will post back with a summary of my experiences once we get the delivery. Should be good fun!

What cables were included with the BL2400PT? On a video review (which was in another language) it looked like they gave you VGA, DVI and Display port.

Those are the inputs, but only VGA and DVI cables come as standard. It is up to the reseller whether to include a DisplayPort cable with their package or not. So I would suggest you inquire regarding the BL bundle from the retailer you plan to purchase, if a DP cable is a must for you.

Just wondering how I'd get the image like the true colour, say I was looking at clothes how would I know what shade it should really be? Same for printing.. =S quite significant differences on each monitor

You would need to use a hardware calibration tool to get more accurate colour on any screen, especially for printing/design/graphics work.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the pics.

You think I just got unlucky with my screen and the dark streaks then?

Now I know its there & other people don't have the same thing, it's kind of distracting.

Will the retailer see this as a fault or is this acceptable?
I don't fancy paying for shipping the 10kg box back!

Soldato
You think I just got unlucky with my screen and the dark streaks then?

I should be able to put this issue to rest once and for all, when we receive the job lot of them, which should be Tuesday/Wednesday. The 'death hand' and ripple are on the hunting list. :)

But I would also class a profound visual distortion on bright colours as a fault, which I am sure the retailer won't mind addressing with a replacement, especially if you have the pictures to back your point up.

Back
Top Bottom