New Asus P8P67 Pro build won't post or beep - HELP

Associate
Not sure what to do, put the system together well and carefully but it won't boot. Have checked everything but nothing.
All power is connected and connections triple checked.
Symptoms are :
System has power, switches on, mem light comes on fully, system powers off fora 3 secs then powers up again. and thats it, no post screen, no beep, nothing just the solid mem led.
I tried mem in alternate slots, a1,b1 then a2, b2, I tried 1 stick of ram both slots. I tried holding in mem button for it to try autotuning the mem timings, it reboots and flashes the mem led but eventually finishes it's test with a solid mem light.

I also tried without mem - no beep solid mem light still
no graphics card - no beep solid mem light still

Any idea's?? am I missing something here? I have built many systems before although not for a while but as a Sound engineer I'm pretty good with wiring..

Appreciate any help.

Spec is this..
HIS ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge)
Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two (V3) Ultimate Gaming Case
Corsair Hydro H70 High-Performance CPU WaterCooler
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w Silent SLI Certified Modular Power Supply
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)

Soldato
Try a CMOS reset?
Take everything out of the case, and test the system with minimal components.
Seeing as you're using the H70, make sure the pump is connected directly to the PSU to ensure it gets full power. It could be your CPU overheating but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Associate
Is the LED by the memory Red?

A few things that have helped others

Try the GPU in the 2nd PCI-e slot
Check you have all the power cables connected including the 8Pin CPU Power and the Pci-e ones.
Remove anything from the CPU Fan Header

Other than that, give the shop a call tomorrow

Associate
OP
wow cheers lads super fast reply, yep have the 24 pin and the 8 pin ATX power connected, I took the graphics card out, disconnected everything so just CPU , cooler and power switch still no beep, and solid red LED mem light:(
Pump is connected directly to fan on M/board, I don't think there is a connector straight from PSU is there? Pump is in CPU fan connector, I can hear it going. Besides the mem light comes on straight away and doesn't go out.
I tried resetting the CMOS still the same am afraid..think I'm out of options, well idea's anyway.

Associate
There have been a few others with the same issue and I don't know what or if they got resolved. They were speaking to the shop today (well yesterday now) - I would suggest you call tomorrow.

I think the issue is the RAM as the light will not turn green, but stress the shop should have a better idea by now.

Soldato
Clear RTC RAM procedure

1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5–10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.

3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4. Hold down the "Del" key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.

*If the steps above do not help, remove the onboard battery and move the jumper again to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After the CMOS clearance, reinstall the battery.

Associate
OP
Thanks again lads for the replies, nice to see I'm not the only one burning the midnight oil.
I'll call the shop something def not right, I tried flipping CMOS again and the battery but same deal.
I also connected a speaker after reading the board might not have a built in beep? really?
It made no difference:(

Associate
OP
BTW Simon, I am very impressed with your 5.1 GHz club post!! not that mine will ever reach that high , I'll be happy with 4.2-5 hey I'm upgrading from a E6600 and a 4870 so just stock will be good! If the blooming thing ever boots..

Associate
OP
OMG I got a RMA M/B and I shave the same problem!!!! no post, solid Mem light..
Am so gutted took another day off work for this, plus it cost me £11 to send the previous board back, had the whole weekend planned for working on the system, support is engaged...
so fed up....

Associate
Hey man, just wondered how you were getting on with this. I have the exact same problem with a new build (i7 2600, P8P67 PRO, Dominator 12GB - 3X4GB, Vertex 2E, TX850W, GTX 460)
What happens to mine is I get the solid red light and no post, but if I power off and on again it posts no problem! I have tried everything, swapping memory around, individual slots, a different cpu cooler.. no luck, it's the red light of death every time, and then a power off/on gets me into windows.
Also holding down the memOK button it starts flashing and then posts, but it changes to its own settings in the BIOS rather than the XMP profile.

Also, sometimes when I do get in to windows I can only see 8GB out of the 12GB that's installed. Really blowing my mind now!

Last edited:
Associate
24inchgamer are you running the Dominator's at rated 1600mhz? i'm running Xms3 & was getting the exactly same issues as you running at rated 1600mhz so changed to 1333mhz & not a problem now posts everytime

Soldato
Yet another owner with a Asus P8P67 Pro that won't boot..
Looks like the motherboard part of this forum is full of people with the same problem ..

Looks like one motherboard to stay well clear of..

Associate
OP
well I hope it's not the motherboard cos that will mean I have 2 in a row!! I have a new CPU and memory coming tomm so I can test further, it has to be CPU or ram, I tested with another pwr supply so thats all thats left, I have the board out of the case too, if the new mem or CPU doesn't make any difference I dunno what I'll do.
Thankfully OC have been very supportive, however I have had to pay again for all these extra parts, they will reimburse me once I find the problem part and send it back and it's already cost £11 sending 1 motherboard back!
I get no post at all, nothing no beep nada..just a sold red light all the time..I would guess its the CPU.

Permabanned
When it doesn't post, Have you tried turning off (hold pwr button) and turning back on again?

Mine wouldn't cold boot out of the box (but worked with the above), upgrading BIOS to 1053 fixed this issue (I have XMS3 - mem voltage at 1.55V, although I'm not sure how relevant the voltage is to the issue)

Back
Top Bottom