• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

****Catalyst 11.4 early preview****

Permabanned
Welcome to the world of ATI drivers (installing and uninstalling is a pain in the ass).

I would recommend wiping everything thats got to do with graphics cards AB and CCC. Then use CCleaner to clean registry and use Driversweeper.

Install 11.2 and you will hopefully be getting somewhere.

Had this issue with my ATI 5770 all the time.

It's not AMD's fault if you can't install drivers. Most people simply have no issue with their drivers. Plus, you're saying this about beta or "pre-release" drivers. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Why the heck people install pre-beta drivers without making a backup and expect them to work just fine is beyond me.

There's nothing wrong with the drivers themselves but trying out every single release that isn't certified as stable by AMD is not going to help you maintain the PC.

I really can't understand some people.

And no System Restore when installing preview of the drivers? Come on GJ02, you can do better than that mate :(

Permabanned
Why the heck people install pre-beta drivers without making a backup and expect them to work just fine is beyond me.

There's nothing wrong with the drivers themselves but trying out every single release that isn't certified as stable by AMD is not going to help you maintain the PC.

I really can't understand some people.

And no System Restore when installing preview of the drivers? Come on GJ02, you can do better than that mate :(

GJ02 is dropping the ball a bit lately. :p

I wonder what's worse, this his 1000MB gigabytes? :p (he never posted again in that thread :D)

Associate
Hi all,

Had a look, after work got an extra 2 frames on heaven 2.5 with my 6970, now at 44.2avg, so a win in that, quick drive in TDU2 and that seemed better,

Just going to have a look at crysis 2 demo see what goes on with that but so far a good move

Soldato
GJ02 is dropping the ball a bit lately. :p

I wonder what's worse, this his 1000MB gigabytes? :p (he never posted again in that thread :D)

;) you need to let that go mate, I was clearly joining in the banter with that Gigabyte comment, and the reason I never replied back was because next day when I logged on I discovered a mod had graced me with a suspension :mad:

Soldato
that doesnt mean they aren't intended for the 5 series cards. if they werent they wouldnt have 5 series-specific fixes. there's probably a very easy explanation as to why choosing a 6990 takes you to the 11.4 drivers - they are probably the first drivers to officially support the card. At the same time why should choosing a 5870 point you to preview beta drivers? the 11.2's are obviously the better choice for joe public.

works fine on my 5850 by the way.

Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone with a HD4000 series takes the plunge, let me know how it goes please,

4870x2 here win 7 64bit. Tempted to try, etleast its a whole full almost 2 months till 11.4 will probibly be here so would mean not having to update as often :p

Back
Top Bottom