!!!Asus P8P67 B3 Dead After 2 day of use!!!

Associate
Hi i reccently bought a asus p8p67 B3 with an intel I7 2600k, the first day it was perfect rally it was so fast an easy to overclock i was able to go to 4.2 with just one click i know i could do better but since i have the stock cooler i kept my clock to 4.Ghz that was enough fo me ;)but the next day while i was browsing my Pc just shutdown itself. i open the case and only the green LED (Stanby led)was on on the motherboard. and when i unplug and replug the pc and i press start the fan of the cpu and others fan just turn on for a split second and then turn off again same thing for the red LED that is close to the ram.i though that first it was my Power supply i replace with the old one Idem ,i replace the GPu idem,i switch position of ram idem, i install just one ram idem clear the Bios event move the batt for 30min iDem my PC never start back...and i google it Then i found out that i wasn't the only one that have this issue with asus p8p67 B3 so guys be aware
I send it yesterday back to the Uk since im living in Cyprus for about 40 Pound and when i will get my board replace i will pay another 40 pound For the shippment and im starting to think that i sould get refound and buy a GIgabyte UD5

Associate
Really? I didnt know asus boards did that, i have an asus 790 crosshair 3, it does have a fault booting atm which i am going to rma, but that doesnt sound right that its gone in a day, unplug all ur peripherals, and power cables etc, remove ur card, hd, ram and cpu, remove cmos battery and leave it for about 10 minutes, put battery back in, put in cpu and ram and try boot like that, i fixed mine like this when it almost died :)

Caporegime
Really? I didnt know asus boards did that, i have an asus 790 crosshair 3, it does have a fault booting atm which i am going to rma, but that doesnt sound right that its gone in a day, unplug all ur peripherals, and power cables etc, remove ur card, hd, ram and cpu, remove cmos battery and leave it for about 10 minutes, put battery back in, put in cpu and ram and try boot like that, i fixed mine like this when it almost died :)

The OP could have difficulty doing any of that.

The board is somewhere in the postal system between Cyprus and the UK.

I send it yesterday back to the Uk since im living in Cyprus

Associate
Have the same hardware, had it from early Jan, replaced it in March with the B3 rev, no problems, have my cpu capped with a Frio in a Haf x chassis. I have three asus boards up and running and not one problem with any of them...all have been overclocked at some stage. Have a ssd in p8p67 pro rig and tdhat's fast enough for me so really the Frio is overkill but future proof

Soldato
Overclocking is not recomended on a stock cooler, could have been your problem, i would not mention that to the retailer ither...

This. Considering you are in Cyprus, I would imagine the board got rather hot and died as a result of insufficient cooling.

You can OC on a stock cooler but only mildly - 4GHz would have been more suitable. But for the price of £20 you could have got yourself a coller and avoided this issue entirely!

Associate
This. Considering you are in Cyprus, I would imagine the board got rather hot and died as a result of insufficient cooling.

You can OC on a stock cooler but only mildly - 4GHz would have been more suitable. But for the price of £20 you could have got yourself a coller and avoided this issue entirely!

This,

You could get a Coolermaster TX3 for like £15 (little OC, I use this one and I don't OC), Corsair A50 for £25 or a Coolermaster 212 for £30.

I can't believe you went all the way to 4Ghz with as stock cooler.... they can barely handle stock settings to be honest.

Associate
stock cooler with correctly applied mx-4 and fan manually set to permanent max can handle 4ghz pretty well. ive had mine running at 4.4 stock volts and its been fine, however my setup is on a bench and its only had a few hours xfire gaming time, however it has performed flawlessly not a single error or crash

Soldato
stock cooler with correctly applied mx-4 and fan manually set to permanent max can handle 4ghz pretty well. ive had mine running at 4.4 stock volts and its been fine, however my setup is on a bench and its only had a few hours xfire gaming time, however it has performed flawlessly not a single error or crash

Yeah but as you mentioned above yours is on a test bed and you don't live in Cyprus where ambient temps will be a lot higher than they are here.

Associate
OP

Yeah i know that why i kept my over clock to 4Ghz awaiting to buy a new Cooler and now is not hot the weather is ok... and i monitor my cpu temp with asus A2 suite the temp ddnt go above 59 degre
the funiest thing is thatim not the only one with this issue i google i found some with the same Problem few day use and then shutdown itself

Associate
OP
Yeah but as you mentioned above yours is on a test bed and you don't live in Cyprus where ambient temps will be a lot higher than they are here.

the abiant temp is max 20 degre and my case have 5 fan and i set my cpu fan cooler to the max power... is not my first build guy s so i know what is to have a stock cooler realy :)

Soldato
Surely the heatsink mainly affects the CPU temperature only?

I noticed that today it is only 20C ambient in Nicosia getting better 24C towards the weekend. Could do with some of that over here.

Soldato
Please can you be more clear i did nt understand what you mind?

The difference in motherboard (system) temperatures using a stock CPU heatsink or a custom CPU heatsink would be very little maybe a degree or two only.

The heatsink is used only to keep the processer cool.

If the overclock was at stock voltages, the board temperature should be close to normal as you do not change the clock speed on a sandybridge to overclock, just the processor multiplyer.

As the ambient temperatures are only at UK summertime temperatures at the moment, this should not be a problem for the 4GHz overclock.

Hope this helps, andy.

Back
Top Bottom