dip station build own or buy

Associate
ive been looking at various dip/chin up stations round titernet and seen a few but they go for well over £150 for a decent one.
ive been thinking it would be nice to have dip, chin up, leg raise all in one but i can do all but the dips own their own anyway.

any ideas on how to build bare in mind its going up in bedroom!!
or any recommended for around £150 or less that does all

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
OP
i have thought about that, its fairly cheap to get and very strong.
i have seen a few like these
bodyrock.jpg

and

marcy.jpg

jsut not sure which will benifit me more as im getting moaned at for having 2 bits of wood and bar sticking out of ceiling for chin up bar!!

Associate
OP

i bit the bulllet and bought choice 3 u gave! i will report back when it arrives etc
thanks for advice all

Associate

and

marcy.jpg

jsut not sure which will benifit me more as im getting moaned at for having 2 bits of wood and bar sticking out of ceiling for chin up bar!!

got one of these at home..its a great bit of kit...and quite cheap also.

Soldato
I built one from scaffolding, just rang up a local company and the guy whipped round in his truck after work and let me have some poles and joints for a tenner.

Cheap, but not easy, I had to manually saw through them all, took literally hours.

I did have a picture but it's disappeared. Anyway I'd recommend it as you can make it fully adjustable.

Permabanned
I built one from scaffolding, just rang up a local company and the guy whipped round in his truck after work and let me have some poles and joints for a tenner.

Cheap, but not easy, I had to manually saw through them all, took literally hours.

I did have a picture but it's disappeared. Anyway I'd recommend it as you can make it fully adjustable.

Could you post some photos?

I've been thinking about building one

Soldato

marcy.jpg

That second one is terrible!

My current gym as one.

I tried that and it nearly came down forward on me when I had +20kg in weight hanging off my dipping belt.
Not very stable at all! The other guys there all said it's faily useless once there's quite a bit of weight on the front of it.

There are other versions of it that's far better though, they usually have wider leg parts that are also further foward and back for more support, plus the back has mounts to help fix it against the wall.

Just get some scaffolding realy and build your own, probably much cheaper.

Associate
thats a load of rubbish to be honest, I dip with up to +60Kg on it and chin and its pretty damn stable. Sure it rocks slightly with all that weight, but its stable as a rock. Used it for about 5-6 years now and its still in great condition.

Soldato
Mine came forward, always does with everyone there. Even when it's pushed against the wall it always comes forward.

That's my expercience with it, and lord help me if I ever wanted to dip my working sets at +50-60kg on that thing.

Maybe are one's front legs are just a tad too short, or it's been bent slightly forward from all the abuse over the years, but no one uses it anymore.

Associate
comes forward...mine does ever so slightly when at weight...but not to the point if it falling on you. He's a vid i just uploaded +30Kg dips...you can see it rocks slighly but I think that cos I got it on soft rubber matting. It hardly rocks at all on hard surface. Anyway..no big deal. I found it a good buy for the money for chins, pullups, dips, haging leg raises etc. etc. I could use my rack which has a pullup bar on it...but still use this frame constantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7-oNEFKSV4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom