Louis Theroux: Miami Mega Jail

Soldato
OP
Wow, every single one of those people need destroyed, you know the way they cull animals after foot 'n mouth ... just like that. What a truly horrendous place to spend 24 hours never mind 2 years.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Watching that I wasn't thinking about the prisoners - I was thinking about how a country as rich as america can treat people that way. I'm amazed the county doesn't get sued by every person who gets injured in there. And the guards have got to the point where they think everything is normal and acceptable. Classic america - just shove it under the carpet and hide it from the middle classes. You have to remember that this place is for people before trial so innocent people will have to stay there and get beaten up, forced to fight etc...it's like a 3rd world country jail.

Associate
Information on Nianthony Martinez

Did a bit of research on this guy Nianthony (Anthony) Martinez - was interested in his story. (The weird guy with the glasses).

Okay so here is a link to the story about what he did.

Here is his jail ID - Mug shot.

Here is a link to his accomplice's jail ID - Mug shot.

Here are the two girls they shot at.

And here is his then girlfriends Twitter.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Associate
This one didn't seem anywhere near as interesting as his previous ones. Part of the charm was him being able to get access to stuff normal reporters wouldn't due to his faux-naivety, I didn't really get that feeling at all with this one.

Was quite interesting mind.

Associate
That's some first post, are you Tefal in disguise :p

lol, Would have been much easier if Google hadn't give me doubts about my hearing. I was like, swear he said Nianthony. Google was like "Nah never heard of that mate, probably Anthony you want".

Wonder if she knows that her attempted murderer has just been seen by millions.

But I don't have the heart to tell her...nor a twitter account.

-_-

Soldato
Just watching it now and I did feel sort of sorry for him until the "I'm gonna plead insanity..."

He's a bit cold and calculating it's quite unnerving.

Soldato
From reading about his case and quoting from blackadder he is as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo. The question for him is not whether he did it or not as it appears he practically confessed anyway, its all about reducing his sentence.

Soldato
Can't decide how I feel about the guy on crotches at the end - he seemed alright when he was doing jobs for the guards etc. but then he very openly admitted to just extorting a guy in his new cell (which obviously didn't turn out that well...)

Soldato
Just watching it now and I did feel sort of sorry for him until the "I'm gonna plead insanity..."

He's a bit cold and calculating it's quite unnerving.

Just watched this programme on I Player after reading this thread and this was also my first thought re this individual. He's got a college education, is being held on two accounts and is going to plead insanity? This guy is sane enough to "attempt" to work the system to his advantage, he maybe small in build and quiet in nature but judging from what I've seen about the prison he'll get his comeuppance soon enough!

Also, granted I'm detached from this sort of environment but I also thought that there a hell of a lot of ****** up individuals in there with no morals, no scruples, and no thought of how anyone else maybe affected by their actions!

Caporegime
I found it quite amazing that he has been in there (jail) over 2 years waiting for his trail! Quite interesting that he said he had been moved for attempting to escape from the other jail. He's obviously got more to him than meets the eye.

Love Louis Theroux programs, as you say Hxc the way he talk to people especially in these programs, like the other prison one he did, he manages to get so much out of a person and be open about how they are feeling which is rather disturbing yet he talks to them in a really odd manor, as if he is mates with them but everything he asks has a question to it.

Caporegime
Louis always irritates me, he comes across as a bit slimy.

Kinda like how you picture those people who scam old, confused people.

Associate
I always enjoy his shows, thought this was decent enough. I'm sure the officers could have done more to prevent fighting (ignoring the talk about not enough money), I imagine they don't want to however.

Back
Top Bottom