****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II ACCESSORIES Thread***

Caporegime
OP
I've decided to keep the Nillkin on due to the above plus points. It doesn't look as cool as the Samsung case but it offers better protection and feels a bit better in the hand too. Oh and it's a few quid cheaper.

Ooh nice find dude, so cheap too, may order one myself! :)

Soldato
Now? xD

sgs-ii_samsung__vs__nillkin-case.jpg

-
The Samsung official case cost £9.95 in Phones4u
-
The Nillkin one cost $9.99 (£6.09) with free shipping from Obostore - Delivery took almost 2 weeks. Not bad for air mail + free postage!

Material/Feel
Both cases feel exactly the same, they're matte and rubbery but not overly rubbery like some cases and no slippery rubbery either. They're just right. They're about the same thickness as well so keep the Galaxy S II's slimness when attached.

Protection
The Samsung one offers side protection from knocks and falls but no top or bottom protection, the corners are mostly protected but not completely so falling at an odd angle could cause corner damage to the handset, even though I don't know of anyone who has had that happen (yet) some people might find this a concern.

The Nillkin one protects the corners completely and because of this falling at a funny angle won't cause any corner damage unless it falls top or bottom first into the edge of an axe (quite unlikely I think you will agree :p).

The camera lens cover has an extra edge of protection on the Samsung case as it's recessed in AND has a lip where as on the Nillkin it's only recessed in a bit. you won't scratch the lens when laid flat on a surface on either case though.

The screen protection is slightly better on the Nillkin as the lip is slightly bigger than on the Samsung case so you have more of a gap between a surface and the screen when it is placed face down.

Design
The Samsung cuts around the holes of the phone, like the headphone/charger ports whereas the Nillkin does not, this isn't a big deal really but it's a difference so I guess it's worth mentioning anyway.

The Nillkin case fits tighter than the Samsung one. Someone on XDA said their Samsung case flew off when their handset fell once, quite unlucky because mine fell once too on laminate flooring and it didn't fly off but there you go, it happens. I don't think the Nillkin will be flying off given how it fits around the phone.

The Nillkin feels a bit slimmer than the Samsung even though they're the same thickness. I realised this was because the Samsung one curves less around the phone and has a slightly more rectangulatr shap around the edges of the phone whereas the Nillkin curves with the phone more giving the illusion of a slimmer case.

The Samsung case will collect dust between the holes and this dust will settle on the back of the phone, you will see nice polka dots when you detach the case on the battery cover and lower part of the back, it looks weird o.0 but it's easy enough to blow/wipe off.

The Nillkin comes with a screen protector which is rubbish and a little cloth.

I've decided to keep the Nillkin on due to the above plus points. It doesn't look as cool as the Samsung case but it offers better protection and feels a bit better in the hand too. Oh and it's a few quid cheaper.​

They both look awesome however given the task they are meant to perform (stop you trashing your phone when dropped) the casemate is better!​

Man of Honour
Barely there? Its the same protection as the Samsung case so the Nillkin is better all round for protection. Probably the best too.

The Barely There case has slightly better coverage of the edges of the phone than the Samsung case and the plastic feels a bit more robust.

Man of Honour
The Barely There case has slightly better coverage of the edges of the phone than the Samsung case and the plastic feels a bit more robust.

Hmm I thought it felt the same in store!

I'm keeping both cases anyway but the casemate at over £20 was not worth the massive price hike compared to the official one!

I'm tempted to switch between the 2 cases regularly, I like the coolness of the official case and am not butterfingered enough to warrant constant extra protection lol.

Edit*
The Nillkin (and in turn the Casemate too) will show oily smudges a lot easier than the official Samsung case too so if this is a problem then the Samsung is the way to go as it's a lot less obvious due to the vented pattern.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
To kick things off, I have the followingt things orfdered in preparation for when I get my phone tommorrow

Case: BLACK S-LINE GEL CASE COVER http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170623115767&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Screen protector: E-cell screen protectors from Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270726135062&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Micro USB to USB adapter: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....886752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1751wt_905

Very tempted by the Zenus E'stime case here, but will will wait for more reviews I think http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Samsung-i9100...Accessories&hash=item231095e817#ht_7095wt_979

Ok, now that I have the phone...

Case fits perfectly and looks pretty good, as well as providing all-round protection!

Screen protector went on perfectly and fits decently but seems VERY prone to fingerprints... we will see how it fares with scratches once in the pocket!

Soldato
Taken form the main SGSII thread but more helpful to find in here I think.

Zenus Prestige Carbon Case

Link to where I bought from Here

Using the faster 7 Euro Delivery, order was placed late Sunday night and arrived today, tho in tracking (via their site), it said waiting to send for a couple of days, I'm thinking their site just doesn't update that fast. Delivery was in very good condition, ya would think it was sent local. Their are cheaper options, and more expensive ones, that was kinda in the middle.

In the box it seems to come with a decent screen protector for the SGS2, wasnt expecting this or I didnt read about it, will apply it later if anyone wants to know how it is, but wasnt planning on putting a protector on.

The case feels good in the hand with the carbon texture giving a nice feel to the case, the materials are quality, well trimmed off, no stray threads, no corner looks rushed or unfinished. No creases/ wrinkles around the corners. Lining looks nice and well trimmed off.

In the hand it doesnt feel likes its added that much bulk, tho obviously it does, the sheer lightness of the phone will make any case still feel light in the hand.

Theirs no "locking" for the flap/ cover, more of a gripped lip that pushes over the top when you fasten it, tho shaking it about, the case feels solid to the phone. No loose points on mine, theirs a tiny bit of movement on the flap, but ya have to purposly move it to notice. No creaks or wobbly bits, the the flap sits about 2 mm away from the screen while closed, im pretty sure this is down to the little bulge (which the back of teh case is shaped to take) shape of the phone.

And the pics tell the rest., very much recommended.

1-6.jpg

12-2.jpg

11-1.jpg

10-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

Quality thumb print right over the lens....:D

3-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

Soldato
It deffo is chunkier yea, but does feel good to not have to worry about it.
Tho ordered the offcial case as a slim option, tho from reports might have to get a decent screen protector too.

Caporegime
OP
Is that just for when im qouting someone else or what I have to put in my post with all the pics?

Well, if you place it around the photos youve already posted then it will put them into a quote bubble. You can click the "Quote" button beloe peoples posts to quote them when replying to them.

Back
Top Bottom