CPU Fan Error - P8P67 Pro

Associate
Evening all, I've hit a bit of a stumbling block with a new build and was hoping for some advice if possible.

First off here are the specs:

Core i7 2600k
8GB Corsair XMS3
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
ASUS P8P67 pro
Corsair HX 750
ATI 4890 (Old)
Corsair H60 W/ Akasa Apache

I've put the system together without the hard drive's or anything installed, made sure all the mobo stand-offs are secure etc.

When I boot the system runs through post then I get the error:
"CPU Fan Error F1 to Continue"

When hit F1 and go to the bios the CPU fan speed is showing as N/A (However the apache fan IS spinning)

Not really sure what to try, cpu is idling at 45 degrees which seems a lot to me.

I've tried a few things: Taking everything out and setting the motherboard up on a box with everything attached - no change.

Clearing CMOS & re-seating cpu/ Ram

Updating to the latest beta BIOS from asus (1606)

I've tried plugging in a stock intel HSF which I got with my 1156 build last year (obviously it won't actually mount but the fan still spins, and yet the error still comes up)

Obviously I could just ignore it and turn the warning off but I'm concerned there might be something wrong with my mobo?

Sorry for such a massive post, been pulling my hair out over this all evening though :eek: Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'm hoping it's something stupidly simple that I've overlooked!

Thanks

Go into hardware monitoring in bios and turn on cpu q-fan control, then below select a profile, ie silent, standard, turbo. Also, do not connect the h60's pump connector to the cpu fan header, use the PWR header on the motherboard, connect your apache fan to the cpu header, the fan will then speed up/down according to cpu temp.

Go into hardware monitoring in bios and turn on cpu q-fan control, then below select a profile, ie silent, standard, turbo. Also, do not connect the h60's pump connector to the cpu fan header, use the PWR header on the motherboard, connect your apache fan to the cpu header, the fan will then speed up/down according to cpu temp.

Thank's for the reply - that's done, I'm still getting that pita error - but I can turn it off by changing the cpu fan speed low limit to 'ignore'.

it's still showing the cpu fan speed as N/A which just seems weird to me :(
I'm installing windows now & will see what the temps are like anyhow

is the h60 3 pin or 4 pin for the pump? just connect it to the pwr fan top right of the board thatll give it full power, and then conenct the fan to the cpu fan, using apache fan that has 4 pins it should show tthe speed, my antec kuhler 620 is only 3 pin and when connected to the cpu fan bit still shows the speed, what bios version you running?

--- edit your on latest bios-----

seems like if you conencted the standard fan back up and its still doing it try setting the low limit to 600 thats what mine was set too, if not then just put it on ignor if its working fine, or send the board back under warrenty for a replacement if your picky lol

is the h60 3 pin or 4 pin for the pump? just connect it to the pwr fan top right of the board thatll give it full power, and then conenct the fan to the cpu fan, using apache fan that has 4 pins it should show tthe speed, my antec kuhler 620 is only 3 pin and when connected to the cpu fan bit still shows the speed, what bios version you running?

--- edit your on latest bios-----

seems like if you conencted the standard fan back up and its still doing it try setting the low limit to 600 thats what mine was set too, if not then just put it on ignor if its working fine, or send the board back under warrenty for a replacement if your picky lol

Yeah the H60 pump is 3 pin and it's connected to the PWR header and the Apache is on the CPU header - still no Joy though - if i put the low limit to anything other than ignore it flags the error.

If the build was for me I wouldn't be fussed because I can monitor temps etc and keep an eye on things myself, but it's for a friend who's not so computer literate so I'm leaning towards an RMA if I'm honest. I've got w7 installed now so I'm just going to see what the temps are like and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom