Cost of a bike puncture repair at halfords?

Soldato
If the bike is still under warranty then service doesnt cost a thing.

I took a bike back with a dodgy mech, and they serviced it and replaced the part with a better one and charged me nothing.

Otherwise you're probably talking a tenner-ish I imagine. (guessing)

Soldato
About £150 ought to be enough, but as your new financial adviser I charge an 80% cut of the profits.

Message me and I'll send you my bank deets fOr paying my fee's.

Soldato
Wouldn't you feel better not charging and just doing it to be a generally nice guy. What is it with greedy people these days. Money isn't everything.

If you really want to charge someone to fix a puncture on a bike.... all I can say is. I hope you enjoy being poked in the arse with a pitch fork from a big fat man with horns!

Soldato
My local bike shop charge £2 + inner tube. Halfords will be more expensive as they have much bigger overheads (which obviously you do not) so I'd suggest pricing yourself in line with the local bike shop.

Permabanned
Are you sure you should repair it OP, what if the owner has an accident after you have and your workmanship comes into question.

You should look at liability insurance before you take this work on.

Remember, where there is blame, there is a claim.

Soldato
Are you sure you should repair it OP, what if the owner has an accident after you have and your workmanship comes into question.

You should look at liability insurance before you take this work on.

Remember, where there is blame, there is a claim.

This

If you are running a business fair enough, but I wouldn't accept cash for this. Beer would be OK though I think.

Associate
If the bike is still under warranty then service doesnt cost a thing.

I took a bike back with a dodgy mech, and they serviced it and replaced the part with a better one and charged me nothing.

Otherwise you're probably talking a tenner-ish I imagine. (guessing)

What the hell are you on about? This isn't a warranty job!

Why would anyone repair a puncture under warranty? Do you think if I take my car back to the dealership with a puncture, they'll fix it for free?

Laugh me outta there more like!

Back
Top Bottom