Corsair H100 Review

Soldato
Hey guys

I cracked the whip and got the king of overclocking to bench the shiny new H100 sample from Corsair. The results were quite good.

The biggest shock is that the fans are much better than the H80 fans meaning the results are better than expected. This is the quiestest closed CPU loop we have used so far. We used the stock thermal gunk, no 3rd party aftermarket paste was used. This was all tested in an Antec 1200 case.

What really stands out is the fact that Rjkoneill normally doesn't like the closed retail kits as he is a massive fan of "proper" custom watercooling loops, but he is quite happy with the performance of this and would be willing to use it in his system.

Well a screen shot says a million words. 5GHz on a 2500k with fans on medium settings and it doesn't go above 77 degrees.

h100.JPG

The stock will be arriving next week, so get your orders in now!

Corsair Hydro H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/LGA2011/AM2/AM3) @ £94.99 inc VAT

HS-009-CS_400.jpg

Featuring a full 240mm radiator and two performance matched 120mm fans, the Corsair Hydro Series H100 extreme performance liquid CPU cooler is designed to deliver cooling performance that meets the needs of even the most demanding performance enthusiast.
The H100 fully supports Corsair Link Digital connections, so you can be in complete control of your cooling. Monitor a wide range of parameters, including pump speed, coolant temperature, and fan speed, and customize your own performance profiles*. (*Requires the Corsair Link Commander, sold separately). The low-profile integrated pump and cold plate includes push-button control so you can select the fan speed and cooling performance setup that best suits your needs. The cool blue LED display lets you know at a glance which profile is being used.

- Dual length 240mm radiator for increased surface area and cooling potential.
- Corsair Link™ Digital compatibility means that you can be in complete control of your cooling.
- Push-button fan control so you can select the fan speed and cooling performance that best suits your needs.
- Two all-new 120mm fans optimize static pressure and airflow for amazing performance.
- FEP tubing provides extraordinarily low coolant evaporation levels.
- A new improved micro-channel cold-plate design more efficiently transfers heat.
- Quick and easy installation brackets make it easier than ever to upgrade to watercooling.
- Includes mounting hardware compatible with all modern CPU socket designs
- Radiation Dimensions: 120mm x 275mm x 27mm
- Fan Dimensions: 120mm x 25mm
- Air Flow per Fan: 46 - 92 CFM
- Combined Fans Noise Level: 25 - 42 dBA

Only £94.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
I take it this was carried out with the stock heatsink compound? No doubt some better paste and a couple of apache fans, for example, would make this even better.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
the king of overclocking
You're too kind!

What really stands out is the fact that Rjkoneill normally doesn't like the closed retail kits as he is a massive fan of "proper" custom watercooling loops, but he is quite happy with the performance of this
For sure, it really has performed a lot better than expected. I love how quiet it is on low/medium fan speed. would be interesting to use it with some fans such as the apache blacks as the PWM feature on the pump unit would benefit the whole setup

and would be willing to use it in his system.
lets not get ahead of ourselves! :p

if anyone has any questions about the cooler, don't hesitate to ask.

Soldato
OP
I take it this was carried out with the stock heatsink compound? No doubt some better paste and a couple of apache fans, for example, would make this even better.

This is the quiestest closed CPU loop we have used so far. WE used the stock thermal gunk, no 3rd party aftermarket paste was used.

Subject to case restrictions. You could fit push/pull with 4 fans. :)

Soldato
Not bad, but will it go in my R2? im sure i could cram it in up the top....

Need bulldozer, so i can clock the nads out of it... my phenom wont go any further. :(

Soldato
Reckon you could run another test to see what sort of temps you get on a 4Ghz OC and a 4.5GHz OC?

It's just I'd say the majority of 2500k users have there's running between 4 and 4.5 and it would be interesting to see what temps you get so we know how significant an improvement it would be over other coolers such as the lower end complete circuit coolers like the H50.

Soldato
This was all tested in an Antec 1200 case.

Where did you put the 240mm radiator on the Antec 1200 case ? I like to see the photo please as I had the same case here Antec 1200 and by the way hang on there....1.41V at the bios (safer vcore for 24-7 ocuk ?)

Reckon you could run another test to see what sort of temps you get on a 4Ghz OC and a 4.5GHz OC?

It's just I'd say the majority of 2500k users have there's running between 4 and 4.5 and it would be interesting to see what temps you get so we know how significant an improvement it would be over other coolers such as the lower end complete circuit coolers like the H50.

I am sure it pretty low temp anyway because the vcore will be less than 1.41V

Soldato
I am sure it pretty low temp anyway because the vcore will be less than 1.41V

Well that much is obvious, I wanted to know figures so I can see if it's worth the outlay. If I'm only going to see a 3 degree decrease in temps on my 2500k clocked at 4.2Ghz on 1.21V, then it's not worth spending £95 on a new cooler. If I'm going to see c.10 degree's difference, then I may be more tempted.

Soldato
We could do with some tests with decent fans and decent paste and a little list of cases this would fit unless corsair already have a list.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime

good point. the stress test has been running for around 2 hours now so i will take another screenshot of stability at 5ghz from this initial run. then do another run at 4.6ghz if i get time.

problem we have is that its quite late in the day so we have a lot of systems on stress testing in the department. this has raised ambients significantly so may affect the overall results.

Oh, our stock has arrived early :)

I don't think Rich has time to run any more benchmarks today.

i will if i get time :)

Where did you put the 240mm radiator on the Antec 1200 case ? I like to see the photo please as I had the same case here Antec 1200 and by the way hang on there....1.41V at the bios (safer vcore for 24-7 ocuk ?)

on the rear fans bulldog.
i dont have a camera but it should be fairly obvious where it goes.

and yes 1.41v is fine. its a benchmark to prove a point. but lets go and overanalysie it anyway... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom