Ikea Markus: Broken Back

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Afternoon Gents,
i've had my Markus for almost two years now and the lumbar-support on the seatback has broken on one side making it useless.

I'm heading off to ikea today to get it sorted, and i'm wondering what Ikea will do. will they replace the whole chair or just the chair-back?

Do i need to take the whole chair with me or just the broken part.
Lastly, if they replace the whole chair, would i be able to get the cloth-upholstered one instead of the leather?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Omfg lol. Your post made me check mine, the entire back support bit has come out on one side.

Let me know the outcome, I've only had this a few months!

I think the problem is the EXACT same as yours, from rear of the chair, it's the left side that has given way on the support bit inside, it looks like it has tore away from the fixing.

For OP: http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/pdf/quality_brochures/MARKUS_Warranty_CAE_2010.pdf

Ikea customer services says 45 minute wait for call..............................

Last edited:
Associate
"This warranty does not apply if MARKUS swivel chair has been
placed outdoors or in a humid environment e.g. bathroom.
This warranty does not cover consequential or incidental
damages."

Have you been sitting on your Markus while in the shower?

:D

Aod

Aod

Soldato
OP
Just on the way home from Ikea now.
Wheeled the chair into the returns dept. on a trolley, showed the guy the broken bit who then asked if I wanted a whole new chair or just a new back-piece, I wasn't feeling greedy so I just went for the replacement back-piece.

Ikea customer service = Awesome.

you are seriously taking back a £125 2 year old chair?

It has a ten year guarantee, why shouldn't I take it back?

Omfg lol. Your post made me check mine, the entire back support bit has come out on one side.

Let me know the outcome, I've only had this a few months!

I think the problem is the EXACT same as yours, from rear of the chair, it's the left side that has given way on the support bit inside, it looks like it has tore away from the fixing.

For OP: http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/pdf/quality_brochures/MARKUS_Warranty_CAE_2010.pdf

Ikea customer services says 45 minute wait for call..............................

If you take it to Ikea they'll likely replace the whole chair if you ask nicely or the broken bit if that's what you want. on mine it was also the left side that broke!

Last edited:
Associate
you are seriously taking back a £125 2 year old chair?

Just on the way home from Ikea now.
Wheeled the chair into the returns dept. On a trolley, showed the guy the broken bit who then asked if I wanted a whole new chair or just a new backpiece, I wasn't feeling greedy so I just went for the replacement backpiece.

Ikea customer service = Awesome.

Hehe, in your face cosmos55. :D If a chair has a 10 year warranty then i think i would take it back rather than pay £125 for a new one.

Back
Top Bottom