Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card

Associate
I've just bought the Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card and have just noticed that it "Requires floppy power-connector".
Can anyone tell me which cable i need to get?and have i bought the right card?
Cheers

Soldato
Do you have any floppy power connectors coming from your PSU? They look like this:

tutorial4pinfddpowercon.jpg

If no, you will be needing a molex (4 pin) to floppy power adapter.

aa4pffpcbl.jpg

Soldato
Floppy molex power connectors should come standard with every PSU anyways, unless your one is a modular design and you have lost them. Surely you have used or know of what a floppy drive is? This soundcard uses that power connection.

And to be sure you have the right version of the soundcard, the regular D1/D2 Xonar cards use the standard PCI slot. The "X" suffix in the naming i.e. DX, D2X means this version is to be fitted into the PCI Express 1x slot.

Soldato
I have that PSU and that Sound card, I can confirm that there are infact 2 removable cables that come with the PSU with a floppy power connector - so you will be fine.

The D2X is a great sound card, hope you have fun with it :)

Associate
ive tried 3 different floppy connectors,one off the psu and still it says no external power connected.if i go into the software i get the error message that no power is connected yet it plays sound ok untill i unplug the floppy connector.ive even took it back to the shop and they say it works ok

Associate
ive tried 3 different floppy connectors,one off the psu and still it says no external power connected.if i go into the software i get the error message that no power is connected yet it plays sound ok untill i unplug the floppy connector.ive even took it back to the shop and they say it works ok

im just about to install this card (within minutes) so will post back after

just a quick thought - the 850w is quality, but what are the specs of your whole system? please tell us you dont have quad SLI GTX 580 (or you might need a bigger psu) lol

are you able to take any pics?

im placing mine in slot directly above top gtx 460 soc in my SLI config - has anyone had problems with this position on mobo, see pic of Z68 - and sorry for hijacking (I'll move my questions if required - Ill still post back after install to update you on power connector)

Z68%20Extreme4(m).jpg

cheers

Caporegime
Hi cps1974 and welcome to the forums.:)

A pretty old thread youve dug up here, but in relation to your qwery on slot positioning. Youll be fine with the D2X in the pcie slot above your top gtx 460. This is how i run my audio card in my own sli system.

Associate
Hi cps1974 and welcome to the forums.:)

A pretty old thread youve dug up here, but in relation to your qwery on slot positioning. Youll be fine with the D2X in the pcie slot above your top gtx 460. This is how i run my audio card in my own sli system.

many thanks! i went with it and sounds awesome.

the official drivers wouldnt recognise card in my system, possibly EEPROM fail (http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure)

however I went with the ASUS XONAR Unified Drivers having previously used the PAX drivers for a creative card in a different system - recognised immediatey and sounds great! cant wait to hook up to my onkyo system - 550W so doubt the neighbours will be pleased ;)

cheers for help
chaz

Soldato
I echo the comments of it being a very nice card.

Took delivery of its younger brother, the Xonar DG this morning for another PC. Is rocking for the price. Very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom