MSI Z68A-GD65. power offset mode?

Soldato
Nodiggidy said:
is anyone familiar with this bios?

i cannot find a option anywhere for it.

currently clocked to 4.5ghz and the clocks ramp down when idle but i cannot get the voltage to.
No offset option currently in the Bios, it has been requested to be added, not sure if MSI will add it but you never know.

I have listed my bios settings below in the MSI UEFI Bios Screenshots

I have my 2500K @ 4.5GHz CPU Core Voltage = [AUTO] which is 1.328v in Windows at load, it's the only way you will get your voltage to drop to around 1.024v at idle.

IF I also set Intel C-State = [Enabled] my idle drops to around 0.996 but becomes unstable at 4.5GHz but at 4.4GHz it's fully stable.

Your CPU maybe fine as one of the MSI Moderators on the forums can get to 4.5GHz with Intel C-State = [Enabled]

EIST = [Enabled]
Eup 2013 = [Disabled]
CPU Phase Control = [Intel SVID Mode]
C1E Support = [Enabled]
Intel C-State = [Disabled]

cpuid1.jpg
cpuid2.jpg
cpuz1.jpg

pic1lvz.jpg
pic2kv.jpg

pic3en.jpg
pic4gk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
thanks for the reply.

makes me wonder if i really need to then?

currently got 4.5 stable at 1.265 never liked using auto voltages. c state seems to work fine like this

1.328 seems pretty high for 4.5
I wonder what voltage yours will give on auto voltage, the moderator on MSI forums gives same voltage 1.328v at auto voltage - basically same as giving 1.35v in the bios at manual voltage.

You probally have a better CPU than me anyway, I might give a go at what voltage I can lower mine to, will report back.

Soldato
My CPU isn't stable at 1.32v in bios 1.296v in Windows at load, Linx BSOD 124 (Increase Vcore)

Going to leave mine on CPU Core Voltage = [AUTO] i.e. 1.328v load, it's stable plus it adjusts idle voltage to 1.024v at idle at 4.5GHz and 0.996v at 4.4GHz.

Hopefully I'll get a lower voltage CPU when Ivybridge comes out. :)

Soldato
just seen you on the msi forums. :D

im not sure what to do then.

have a higher auto voltage that lowers when cpu is idle or a lower 24/7 oc voltage.
I think I've seen you on there lol :)

Which board are you using? a B3 or a G3 ?

I'm happy with mine anyway, plays my games etc thats all I really care about lol. :)

Soldato
B3. is the G3 a newer board? ive only got it on friday from ocuk
The B3 is a Gen 2 motherboard PCI-E 2.0 but the graphics card lane on Slot 1 will be PCI-E 3.0 compliant when Ivybridge comes out.

The G3 is a Gen 3 motherboard PCI-E 3.0, with this when Ivybridge comes out you would be able to use all the lanes at 3.0 more bandwidth when the next generation of graphics cards are released.

I'm surprised you even got a B3 motherboard, their not even listed on sale - check your order / receipt see what it says.

You never know though, the B3 may clock better on lower volts than the G3 or you have a better CPU it's difficult to say.

Soldato
hmm.

part of the reason i ordered this board is because it was going to be pci-e compliant as the advert on the website shows.
Was it a B3 you definitly ordered or a G3? check your order and report back.

It's still PCI-E 3.0 compliant, but your running Crossfire, if the new generation of graphics cards take full advantage of PCI-E 3.0 you might lose some performance, as to how much is anyones guess.

Soldato
OP
Was it a B3 you definitly ordered or a G3? check your order and report back.

It's still PCI-E 3.0 compliant, but your running Crossfire, if the new generation of graphics cards take full advantage of PCI-E 3.0 you might lose some performance, as to how much is anyones guess.

just amended my last post. turns out i ordered older stock at a reduced price.

not bothered anyhow with clocks like this. :D

Back
Top Bottom