****The Official iPhone 4S Accessories Thread****

Man of Honour
I take you guys didn't buy yours from manufacturers but UK online shops?

As I've hinted a few times before, I made that mistake and alarm bells rang when the case turned up in a ziplock bag with no accessories (that's a classic warning sign for in-ear headphones too). Luckily they refunded and I got genuine ones from Switcheasy Europe. I did that before getting the 4S though so don't know if there would have been fit issues, but suspect there would.

Soldato
Does anyone have or can recommend a vinyl back for the 4/4S?

I don't want a case but I would like a decently robust vinyl back to stick on just to stop the thing sliding around so much in my hand and when I put it down as the glass back is very slipperly.

Just want a plain black vinyl sticker, nothing fancy. Might end up getting a gelaskin but would have to do a custom one as their standard designed are garish and then thrown the front/side bits away.

Soldato
Switcheasy CapsuleRebel does fit though (at least the one I got direct does - not so sure about the one I sent back to a certain other place - I still have doubts about it).

All manufacturers rely on rumour and guesswork because Apple doesn't release the specs to anyone prior to launch. Hence people betting hard cash on the 'teardrop' 5 that never was. If you want to be really sure, wait a couple of weeks for the manufacturers to get themselves sorted out.

Edit - actually, with the CapsuleRebel there's about 2mm clearance all around the switch, so it's a good fit.

Also got my capsulerebel direct from Switcheasy International (cheaper due to exchange rates) and it fits the 4S perfectly.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
After a weekend with the iPhone 4S I'm sick of how dirty both the front and back in such a short space of time.

Obviously there's not a lot I can do about the front, but does anyone have a recommendation for a case that has a non-smooth, grippy back to it?

Associate
Does anyone have (or know) if the Griffin Reveal Etch fits the iPhone 4s? I am not a fan of the graphite on the etch, but apparently the non etch version has an issue with the flash when using the camera.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Does anyone have (or know) if the Griffin Reveal Etch fits the iPhone 4s? I am not a fan of the graphite on the etch, but apparently the non etch version has an issue with the flash when using the camera.

thats the case i have, though i don't use it a lot, Yes it just fits the 4S, the switch on the side is slightly obscured but all buttons are usable. :)

Soldato
After a weekend with the iPhone 4S I'm sick of how dirty both the front and back in such a short space of time.

Obviously there's not a lot I can do about the front, but does anyone have a recommendation for a case that has a non-smooth, grippy back to it?

A wipe with a microfiber cloth and it will be back to normal.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

156382620.png

First speedtest from 3 (with 2 bars signal strength).

Yes, I'm bored on a training course :p

Imy

Imy

Soldato
A wipe with a microfiber cloth and it will be back to normal.

I know how to clean it.

The point is I don't want to have to clean the back as well as the front and I would also like a case that has a grippy feel to it so less likely to slip in the first place.

Closest I've found so far to what I want is the CapsuleRebel by SwitchEasy but it seems it's not fully compatible with the iphone 4S.

Associate

What colour you have? black iphone 4s?

Soldato
156382620.png

First speedtest from 3 (with 2 bars signal strength).

Yes, I'm bored on a training course :p

Interesting. I've been side by side trialling three versus vodafone in london on my 4 and 4S over the last few days.

My observations:

Three seem to have better 3g coverage (i can actually get 3g in some place I get no data on vodafone)

Pings on three are usually <100ms, Vodafone are more like 350ms (not sure this really matters on a phone?)

Vodafone speed is much greater than three. I've seen upto 10mbps down on VF versus a maximum seen of 3mbps on three.

Key test for me will be three performance during rush hour as thats when I find vodafone grinds to a halt, so that may swing it to three as I'd prefer a consistent network speed versus hugely fast, but crippled during busy periods.

Permabanned
Did you buy from Switcheasy Europe? I have emailed them on Saturday to say I want to RMA the product (Ideally they can send me a compatible one) but I have heard nothing...

Yes emailed friday morning, recieved a reply today asking for photos and my order number ect, which i sent. Although photos were very poor quality but i think they could just about make out the issue :rolleyes: Awaiting reply.

Back
Top Bottom