spec me a diesel car

Associate
OP
The AA guy who came out to mine says their a real pain in the arse, cost me £680 mates rate to fix (with filters etc as well)

Associate
I bought my remapped Lupo 1.4 TDi for 1700 quid 6 months back. Spent a couple hundred more sorting out the rear shocks and tidying it up and have now got it seeing a regular 72mpg on the motorways and 60-64ish around town. I did a run from London to Birmingham and managed 84mpg average in a remapped but otherwise stock car.

Associate
OP
I bought my remapped Lupo 1.4 TDi for 1700 quid 6 months back. Spent a couple hundred more sorting out the rear shocks and tidying it up and have now got it seeing a regular 72mpg on the motorways and 60-64ish around town. I did a run from London to Birmingham and managed 84mpg average in a remapped but otherwise stock car.

nice, a little small for what I need (lugging pc's, printers, servers etc) but sweet MPG. I had a passat that was chipped and did 65mpg to scotland and back but I had to get rid for other reasons... might find another and re-do it :/

Associate
Well I treat my car as a two seater and always have the rear bench folded down which gives me a pretty hefty load area but I guess if we're talking proper rack server stuff here I guess maybe a saloon/estate is the way to roll.

Soz I can't recommend much but if you do a fair few miles it might be worth looking at an eco-remap.

Associate
OP
Not come across egr before, is that newer than dpf?
i'd rather pay more road tax (which would be reduced on a smaller car) than have to replace a dpf again that doesnt work.

Man of Honour
nice, a little small for what I need (lugging pc's, printers, servers etc) but sweet MPG. I had a passat that was chipped and did 65mpg to scotland and back but I had to get rid for other reasons... might find another and re-do it :/

No it didnt.

Associate
OP
A) why should i, if you dont believe someone then thats your issue
B) who takes a pic of their mpg "incase" someone 3 years down the line asks for proof

Soldato
A) why should i, if you dont believe someone then thats your issue
B) who takes a pic of their mpg "incase" someone 3 years down the line asks for proof
a) Because this is OcUK, and we are entitled to make any demand we wish. We all think you are a liar if you can't prove it.

b) Problem?

mpgzz.jpg

Soldato
I dont think pictures of MPG readings can be taken as gospel anyway. Whether BMW instrument cluster or VW Passat.

For a start there is big deviation between the amount of miles a car drives compared to what it actually shows. (speedo error) let alone then using that to calculate fuel useage.

Soldato
I dont think pictures of MPG readings can be taken as gospel anyway. Whether BMW instrument cluster or VW Passat.

For a start there is big deviation between the amount of miles a car drives compared to what it actually shows. (speedo error) let alone then using that to calculate fuel useage.
The speedo error is not an issue with the MPG calculation. The car knows how fast it is really going within a small margin of error. I've tested my trip computer and it's accurate enough.

Back
Top Bottom