• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SHOUT OUT: I NEED AMD GPU CLOCK TOOL v0.10.12.0

OcUK Staff
Hi there

This is a shoutout.
I am asking you the forum members who may have contacts for some of the Pro overclockers out there to see if you can get hold of the latest AMD GPU Clock tool for me which supports 7970 please.

I want this so I can see what these cards can truly be pushed too on the stock reference cooler.

I personally feel the cards will deliver 1250-1300MHz core on the stock cooler and needless to say at such speeds they will be a good 10% faster than present.

Please help me get this clock tool, I shall be trying myself next week when AMD are back, but if someone can get it me over the weekend, then first thing Tuesday when I am back I can give this 7970 a real good work out. :D

Happy new year to all in Graphics. :D

Associate
I believe at the moment they are using Unofficial Overclocking with MSI Afterburner. You'll have to edit the Afterburner CFG file to enable this.

You'll need to find these lines and edit them like this (The UnofficialOverclockingEULA part will be blank and the UnofficialOverclockingMode = 0 by default). Wordwrap should be turned off.

[ATIADLHAL]
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
AccessibilityCheckingPeriod = 0

UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1 or 2 are the allowed values. 2 disables PowerPlay. You'd probably want to try 2 first.

That should be how they've done things so far. I can't confirm this will work since I don't have a 7970... Unless you want to send me one so I can try it and let you know? :p

Enjoy

bru

bru

Soldato
I believe at the moment they are using Unofficial Overclocking with MSI Afterburner.

Nope the AMD OC tool is defiantly the right tool to use, lifted this image off of a foreign website but i cannot find the tool for download anywhere, only version 0.9.8

Associate
Nope the AMD OC tool is defiantly the right tool to use, lifted this image off of a foreign website but i cannot find the tool for download anywhere, only version 0.9.8

Yeah, but unless you know someone at AMD I doubt it would be easy to get hold of that before launch day. In the meantime I'd bet the MSI cfg edit will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom