• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

best program to limit fps of games using radeon card

Associate
i heard that nvidia recently gave an option to limit the fps in games with its latest driver release. i'd like to do that with my radeon, since i ended up with a motherboard with barely any space between the pcie slots, so am having a heat issue. i noticed that using the built in option in ffxiv recently to minimise the fps to 30 helped temps in that game allot so would like to do it with other games that dont require 60 fps to play smooth, until ivy bridge comes and i can replace this mobo!

Associate
OP
most games that aren't first person shooters can be played smooth at 30 fps, an if the framerate isn't constanly jumping from 30-60 it can appear smoother and not jerk about, plus as said in previous post it will help my heat issue until i replace this mobo.

thanks brennan - im having a look in the msi afterburner options and can't find it!

Soldato
Say you swing from 120fps to 60, then 85, then 35 and back to 140 during a fast pace complex scene (going toe to to with an enemy for example) the combination of FPS spazing up and down and possible tearing may be unbearable to some people

30fps is too low for me personally and vsync kills any fast paced FPS games, though I'd rather a solid 30 fps than have tearing/mouse lag

Associate
OP
Say you swing from 120fps to 60, then 85, then 35 and back to 140 during a fast pace complex scene (going toe to to with an enemy for example) the combination of FPS spazing up and down and possible tearing may be unbearable to some people

30fps is too low for me personally and vsync kills any fast paced FPS games, though I'd rather a solid 30 fps than have tearing/mouse lag

exactly but as said the main reason i want to do it is the heat issue, it seems i can limit fps in fraps or afterburner by recording a video but thats it?

Back
Top Bottom