Help finding a Razer Copperhead replacement

Associate
Hi all, just looking for a bi of advice on buying a new mouse.

I'm reaching that all too familiar time where my mouse is on it's last legs, so it's time for it to go. I'm currently using my third Razer Copperhead (I've had one of each colour!) and prior to that I owned 2 Diamondbacks. Trouble is, I can't find another Copperhead - long discontinued - and razer don't seem to have a direct successor in the same or similar shape.

Though I've been hugely happy with my Razer mice, I'm happy to look at alternative brands. I've been able to have a look at a couple of other mice, including the roccat's (not good to hold) and a few MS offerings (typically too tall) so these seem to be out. Some more hopefully helpful info:

Hand size: Small. Not baby sized, but definitely below average.
Ergo/ambi: Preference for ambidextrous mouse, or one with a fairly uniform layout, as I find having my hand tilted on the mouse uncomfortable (though I'm sure this is better ergonomically).
Grip: Mainly fingertip/claw as appropriate
Mat: Razer exactmat & rest - i prefer a gel rest so my wrist is supported, as no palm on mouse due to grip.
Buttons: 2 thumb buttons for voice comms, binds etc.
Games: Mainly FPS and RPG/Action, some rts/strategy - ie BF3, Mass effect 2/3, skyrim, Total war series.
Budget: Not really a concern for the right mouse, maybe £100?

Any and all opinions appreciated, shame Razer can't solve my problem and update the diamondback/copperhead!

Thanks.

Associate
If you have small hands and prefer claw grip I'd definitely recommend the Razer Orochi, it suits your need but it's wireless (not that it makes much of a difference, but I suppose it makes it more compact). It's also 5600DPI. Oc don't sell it unfortunately but take a look on an external website. Amazon sell it at £56 which is way under your budget leaving you 45 quid odd to buy a game or something :)

Associate
I was a die hard Razer Copperhead user like you. I've had two over 5 years or so and thought no mouse could ever replace it.

I've now bought a Steelseries Sensei but I still have yet to use it, waiting to head back home a fortnight so I can use it. Supposed to be exceptionally good.

Associate
OP
Hmmn, the Orochi looks OK but possibly a little too small (mobile mouse) and the imperator looks to be thumb gripped and tilted left>right. @GraveYard, how much is the tilt, prominent?

The Sensei looks about the right shape, though not sure how grippy it would be as there don't seem to be any ridges/rubberised sections. Anyone with any experience on this?

Any more contenders? Anyone have opinions on The deathadder/mamba or Lachesis maybe?

Thanks.

OcUK Staff
I used to own a Razer copperhead, however the right click broke on it. I changed to my Roccat Kone and I would never look back, It's super comfy and very precise. However the Kone's do seem to be prone to breaking but I must have picked a good one of the bunch as mines still working great.

Associate
Get the steel series sensei. Will be perfect for you (ambidextrous, buttons etc.), and a similair size i believe so it shouldnt be too large of a jump. Trust me, you won't regret it.

p5-

p5-

Associate
A friend of mine used to be a Copperhead/Diamondback/Diamondback 3g lover. He has now settled on a Rat 7 and loves it. Not sure if that actually helps at all!

Back
Top Bottom