BMW WARRANTY CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!

Man of Honour
I was told 2 years ago that as long as BMW parts were used, it could be serviced anywhere.

It's written in black and white in the policy documentation that work must be carried out by an authorised BMW workshop.

The people on the phones and at dealers often get confused because under EU Block Exemption you CAN get it serviced anywhere and preserve a new or used car warranty but this does NOT apply to insurance backed extended policies.

Therefore I'd want this in writing from Mondial before I took at as gospel!

Though to be honest BMW servicing is pretty good value at main dealers if you shop around so I'm not sure why you'd not want to bother.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21307464 said:
It's written in black and white in the policy documentation that work must be carried out by an authorised BMW workshop.

The people on the phones and at dealers often get confused because under EU Block Exemption you CAN get it serviced anywhere and preserve a new or used car warranty but this does NOT apply to insurance backed extended policies.

Therefore I'd want this in writing from Mondial before I took at as gospel!

Though to be honest BMW servicing is pretty good value at main dealers if you shop around so I'm not sure why you'd not want to bother.

Yeah I thought it was a bit odd when he said it. Anyway, it makes little difference when the BMW Dealer will match the cost of any other dealer.

Soldato
I renewed the warranty on the M5 over the weekend and in the policy booklet they emailed across it says:

What must I do to keep the Warranty valid?
The terms and conditions of the warranty listed below must be adhered to. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of a claim or the termination of your BMW Insured Warranty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
1. When servicing your BMW, failure to comply with the service schedule recommended by BMW may invalidate this warranty. All service and warranty work must be carried out by an Authorised BMW Dealer or BMW Service Authorised Workshop using only Genuine BMW Parts. Your BMW Service Booklet should be stamped, dated and detailed with the correct mileage at the time of service by the servicing dealer.

So unless it's out of date I can't see that anything has changed?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21315138 said:
It seems this might have truth to it but I really would want it in writing before taking them up on it!

Indeed, I called them to ask and apparently they have changed their policy, but without it confirmed in writing I'm not sure I'd want to risk it.

Back
Top Bottom