New Razor mouse but what is G-SPY?

Associate
So got a new mouse today, iv used Razor mice products in the past but never got this would you like to install this device software name Razor Razer device Publisher G-SPY Co, Ltd

Iv never heard of that G-SPY thing and sounds pretty dodgy

anyone know what this G-SPY thing is about?

Associate
found this on another site
see below so i would dload drivers from razer site directly and see hwta happens and prior do a full scan etc just incase its not gen

While installing the 3.05 drivers for the 3.5g Deathadder, I noticed the publisher just didn't seem right... Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/PQL5M.png

Why is G-SPY Co., Ltd. signing Razer's drivers? Something doesn't seem right here! I was wondering if anyone else noticed this? I googled the "company" and couldn't really find anything, I know in the past razer's support website was hacked, and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened again.

The download for the drivers was modified a few days ago: Modified: 09 Mar 2012 03:06 AM at the download link http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...,76,168,48,147 Seems fishy...

thats was from the site ive just tried the link and was nothing there hhhmn

Associate
OP
thanks for the reply craarc, so those drivers are dodgy you think?

I said no to installing it from that publisher, do you think my computer will be alright?

Im in the middle of running superantispyware and malwarebytes to make sure thou

Associate
tbh honest i cant say for sure but thats what came up after a few googles i have a razer and have never heard of gspy try dloading driver from web site fresh and see what you get. maybe razer are including other software in the driver packages now but like i said i dont know try a fresh set and see what you get i guess as long as you didnt click install you should be fine but scan it anyway it could be gen but it seems weird , more so after a bit of searching up to u mate tbh thats just my opinion

Associate
I got the same thing installing the macro software for my Qpad keyboard. I had a quick scout around and found this. Probably means there's one of these devices built into Qpad keyboards and Razer mice to enable macros to be written, which means it's probably fine. Just an unfortunate name that immediately makes us suspicious.

It's worth saying though that I'm going to uninstall the Qpad software as it's not nearly clever enough to make macros useful to me.

Back
Top Bottom