Steelseries XAI Mouse - Boot and USB issues

Associate
Hi folks,

Anyone using a Steelseries XAI mouse? I've had issues with it causing my Gigabyte-based system to not boot, or to delay boot for several minutes. I upgraded the mobo's BIOS which helped. I'm now using the same mouse on a new Asus P9X79 Pro system and plugging the mouse in means that all the other USB ports in the system die immediately and can't be used. It's clear that the problem is faced by other people too but they blame the mobo manufacturers on their website.. quite amazing really as it's obviously a problem with the mouse.

I can't update the BIOS on this system because it's an OCUK overclocked bundle under warranty and I think it's on the latest BIOS ver anyway.

Any ideas? It's a great mouse apart from this...!

Cheers,

Associate
Is it a great mouse? I got it recently for cheap and its quite frustrating actually. Every time i move the mouse my little finger hits 1 of the two buttons on the right. I'll be sticking with the g700 and giving the xai away.

Also yes it is also happening to me, it does stop from booting up. Solution unplug replug or in my case not use at all :|

Associate
OP
So I'm not alone, that's good I guess.

I do actually really like it when it works. It's very solid and great for precision work and gaming is also good with it.

But it doesn't look like Steelseries are interested in fixing the problem so it's basically useless to me... :/

Back
Top Bottom