• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI Afterburner 2.2.1

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Will this have voltage unlock do you think? I would try asus gpu tool but heard mixed things regarding it, never really had an issue with afterburner apart from the 2.2 version crashing my machine all the time :) currently using 2.1

Associate
OP
Will this have voltage unlock do you think? I would try asus gpu tool but heard mixed things regarding it, never really had an issue with afterburner apart from the 2.2 version crashing my machine all the time :) currently using 2.1

Well 2.2 didn't support the 7850 so I am guessing that this version will fix your crashing and should have voltage unlock as long as you set it to in the settings.

Permabanned
MSI Afterburner 2.2.1 has been released :)

http://download3.msi.com/files/downloads/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup221.zip

Looks like you AMD 7850 overclockers can use Afterburner now :)

MSI Afterburner 2.2.1 (2012/5/14)

If it unlocks the 7850 overclock range enchancement like ASus GPU tweek then I will download it. I've always preferred MSI as you can monitor FPS and other stuff without needing to download FRAPS.

If it does recording then it's a bonus.

edit - don't bother it's ****. core clock goes upto 1120 max and voltage doesn't unlock even though I selected it. Uninstalling

Last edited:
Soldato

Well 2.2 didn't support the 7850 so I am guessing that this version will fix your crashing and should have voltage unlock as long as you set it to in the settings.

Seems strange that as i am using the 2.1 version with my 7850 just fine all be it no voltage unlock and max core clock of 1050mhz

Soldato
I liked it in the old days when Unwinder spent his time develeoping RivaTuner. Now that he rents himself out to MSI, ASUS, Sapphire etc (I believe all of their tools evolved from the origonal RT), quality is patchy.

*Afterburner has taken too long to support overclocking of 7850's. Now that is has arrived, clock and voltage adjustments appear severely limited.
*ASUS GPU Tweak works, but fan profiles are pants. We need diagonal sliders, not doorsteps for fan range adjustment. Also, some cards are unable to unlock the overclocking range enhancement. GUI is also confusing (what's all of that nonsense about having seperated number buttons pop up when you save a profile?)
*Sapphire Trixx is probably the best of a bad bunch. All cards have decent OC and Voltage adjustment, and fan profiles work great. The only problems I see are no manual adjustment for 2D clocks, and no real time monitoring graphs.

It is almost as if each manufacture chooses bits and pieces from a parts bin, but none of them can afford all of the parts.

Back
Top Bottom