• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 690 with 3 monitors

Associate
Hi everyone,

I am a bit confused how to set up my GTX 690 up with 3 monitors because when i put 3 monitors on it i can not enable multi gpu.

My setup is 24 inch - 27 inch - 24 inch and to use all monitors i have to put it on enable all active monitors but that will make me run on 1 GPU.

Would i solve it by sticking in a cheap low profile GTX 610 and put one monitor on that, or i am i doing something wrong and do i need to put one monitor on the display port or......

A bit of help would be appreciated.

My second question is if i replace my dell u2711 for a Ilyama 27 inch but with a 1920 x 1080 resolution (same resolution as my 24 inches) would i be able to game surround? I am a bit afraid for the low resolution compared to my Dell but i would like to experience some surround gaming and am prepared to wave my awesome dell away for that. Or should i forget the hole thing and enjoy my u2711 and be happy ...

Sorry for the wall of txt and thank you for making it more clear.

bee

bee

Associate
to enable surround all 3 monitors need to be the same resolution, all you can do with those monitors right now is select the "enable all" option which as you rightly say disables sli

Associate
OP
to enable surround all 3 monitors need to be the same resolution, all you can do with those monitors right now is select the "enable all" option which as you rightly say disables sli

But if i put a cheap 620 card also in for 1 monitor and keep 2 others on one GPU on the 690 i would be able to keep the multi gpu.

Will that cheap 620 card slower my overall gfx or does it not matter sitting there with 1 monitor on it doing nothing than spreadsheet and browsing.

bee

bee

Associate
But if i put a cheap 620 card also in for 1 monitor and keep 2 others on one GPU on the 690 i would be able to keep the multi gpu.

Will that cheap 620 card slower my overall gfx or does it not matter sitting there with 1 monitor on it doing nothing than spreadsheet and browsing.

not quite sure what you're after? surround gaming 5760 x 1080? or just 3 monitors for general usage?

if its surround then that 100% won't work, if its just general use though it would. 690 to display on the primary gaming monitor and a secondary then the cheapo card to display the 3rd, would definitely mean less hassle than enabling and disabling sli every time you want to play a game or use 3 screens

Associate
OP
if its just general use though it would. 690 to display on the primary gaming monitor and a secondary then the cheapo card to display the 3rd, would definitely mean less hassle than enabling and disabling sli every time you want to play a game or use 3 screens

That answered my question :) Thank you

Think i am passing on the hole surround gaming as no matter how i fix it, i do not want to lose my u2711

Edit: I got a elcheapo Geforce 210 low profile card with 512mb laying around, would that work for 1 monitor or do those drivers conflict with gtx 690 r300 drivers?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That went really bad.

The 210 el cheapo card is not detected by the r300 drivers of the 690. Driver update trough windows will get you the right nvidia driver but than your 690 stops working :)

Going to order a cheap 610 card and see what that does

Back
Top Bottom