• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** GTX 670 Overclocking Thread ***

Soldato
GoogalyMoogaly said:
Is there a way of telling which you have?
On the box mine says Taiwan.
Yeah the boxes will say Taiwan, on the back of the graphics card it will tell you where it was made.

Probally won't make a difference anyway, but it surprised me each one was made in a different place.

Associate
Had a good fiddle with mine tonight. Did a bit of data gathering.

By default both of mine are boosting to 1176MHz and can at least cope with +50 but crashed on a late scene in heaven when I bumped it up to +80. So the sweet spot is somewhere in that range I guess.

With an ambient temperature of 20C my main card gets to 72C with the case side on and 67C with it off. So airflow can be improved. For some reason my 2nd card only manages to get into the high 50's with the side on my case.

I'll do a clean install before I do any serious overclocking but so far it seems very typical of these windforce cards.

Last edited:
Associate
gtx670ocuk.png

Think I still got some room to play with, but at the moment the card runs everything I play at max any ways with good fps so I drop it back to stock. Most of my games run on the source engine.
Also I enable tessellation. Sorry dodgy benchmark, will run it again tonight with tessellation I get 2379, but I only have screenshot of html printout, I have a gtx 670 evga sc

Last edited:
Associate
Mine Windforce seems to be in the middle of the two overclocking camps. Default boost is 1158, I can get around +120 core and am still pushing to see where the memory limit is, at 500 so far.

Very pleased with the card, whisper quiet and never goes above 60C no matter what I throw at it (Raven RV02 case). Going to try an extended session at full overclocks once I find the limits to see what max temps are like then.

Soldato
In Afterburner there is a slider called:-

Core Voltage

Just wondering what is this used for and do i need to change it for a good oc?

Soldato
Associate
My Gigabyte GTX670 OC Windforce - 4GB

Before any after my overclocking with these settings:

TV3I5h1

MU3gYLv

The settings:
WzCJbtj

Make & Model: Gigabyte GTX670 OC Windforce - 4GB
Best Boost clock: http://imgur.com/WzCJbtj
Temp: 50-60
Noise: What noise!