Lian Li C-02 fit Z60?

Associate
Hi,

The PC-Z60 isn't listed as being compatible with the C-02 5.25" drive bezel but I can't quite see why it wouldn't fit. Does anybody know whether it would go?

Cheers,
Andy

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-460-LL&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1770

z60-26.jpg

C-02_01.jpg

Associate
OP
Hi,

I've been meaning to post a few photos of my build for ages and I've finally found the time to finish it.

I'm really impressed with the Lian Li Z60. It's a great quality case and was the perfect platform for the few mods I had to do for my watercooling loop. Essentially the modifications I did were to remove the hot-swap caddy and replace it with a pair of XSPC EX240 radiators with the fans sucking in from one side and blowing out the other. Mounted in the bottom of the case is a laing d5 in an EK pump top. For some additional cooling I added a XSPC RX120 at the back of the case.

Its a tight fit but it all goes in. I'm just installing software at the moment but idle CPU temperature is around 36C. The fans are hardly moving and its absolutely silent.

• Intel Core i7-3930K 3.20GHz
  • MSI GeForce GTX 680 2048MB
  • Asus Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard
  • 32Gb Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2133MHz
  • 128Gb Crucial M4 SSD
  • 512Gb Cricial M4 SSD
  • XSPC Razor GTX680 WaterBlock
  • XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock
  • XSPC Rampage Waterblock Set
  • EK Multioption Reservoir X2 250 Advanced
  • LG BH10LS38 10x BluRay-RW / 16 x DVD±RW Lightscribe Drive
  • T-Balancer BigNG Fan Controller
  • Akasa Apache 120mm Fans
  • Nesteq ASM X-Zero 700W Heat-piped PSU
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

AR290812003.jpg

AR290812002.jpg

AR290812001.jpg

Associate
Hi Andy, I know this is an old thread, but my brother is trying to watercool with this case. How did you manage to fit the front radiators into their current position? Did you have to custom make that black bracket they are screwed into? I know he would appreciate to know how this has been done as he is really stuck on how to work within this quite small case.

Associate
OP
Hi,

Yes I had to make the brackets. It was easy enough though. I just bought a length of 40mm x 40mm x 3mm aluminium angle on ebay. I threaded and screwed it to the case. For the radiator mounting screws it just needed to be slotted to allow them to be easily dropped in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium...ng-/160326409810?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

I painted mine with Halfords gloss black spray paint and a coat of clear lacquer.

Any more questions just ask.

Cheers,
Andy.

Associate
Hi Andy,

I think your build is great. I like the stealth look and have the very same case. I have been wanting to do a water cooling build in mine also and seeing you pull it off has convinced me to go ahead.

I had been thinking over how to fit radiators and definitely want to do the same as you with 2x 240mm in the front. I'm thinking of using these stands below. I will drill the holes into the case floor and then bolt the radiators in the same configuration as yours (not going to be quite as sturdy but think the best I can do with my skill set).

http://shop.xs-pc.com/xsp/120mm-Universal-Radstand-_25387.html

However I am struggling with how to remove the hard drive caddy. Could you please give me some pointers on that. Its riveted in so did you drill through those? How did you remove it without damaging the case / what's the best way?

Thanks and much appreciate your advice.

Ben

Associate
OP
Hi Ben,

Good to hear from you. You may find these brackets take up a little too much width. I originally bought a couple of Pulse Modding Double Radiator Brackets but they were no good. They're very similar to the XSPC ones but in one piece. The problem was that they didn't allow the radiator to fit close enough to the case front. The open side of the case (left as you look from the front) isn't a problem but the other side is. There's a vertical aluminium piece which supports the motherboard and has the cable tidy attached. The radiator has to fit between this and the case front. Its a pretty snug fit and those brackets just padded it out a bit too much.

Removing the drive caddy was easy. Just drill out the rivets with a 4mm drill. It comes out very cleanly.

Making custom brackets from aluminium angle was quite straight forward and actually a lot cheaper than the bought ones. Depending on tools I don't see why you couldn't used plastic angle though.

Cheers,
Andy.

Associate
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the information and yes I see what you mean about the vertical motherboard support. I don't have any tools yet, planning to just buy a drill with bits to go through metal. I think that might be all I need...

How are you finding the temperatures? I'm planning on running 2 x 7970s and my CPU with those same radiators. I haven't decided on fans yet but hoping I can get away with something slow spinning like Noctua's.

Thanks again for the inspiration and help.

Cheers
Ben

Associate
OP
Temperatures seem great. Usually between 35-40C going up to 45-48C under load. The Akasa Apache Black fans are only just spinning. I think the rear 120mm radiator must help a bit but I'm also cooling my motherboard.

Keep us updated.

Cheers,
Andy.

Back
Top Bottom