Help launch a new case!

Soldato
For those who dont visit [H] too often, they guys over there have designed a new case called the NCASE M1.

It looks pretty tasty with a very well thought out interior.
Any who there is an Indiegogo for it to get sorted here:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ncase-m1-prototype-a-mini-itx-case?c=home
Apologies mods if linking to that is not allowed but this case must see the light of day.

Its nice to see the SFF community coming together to thrash out ideas for a really good layout gaming ITX case (those who still think that the Big Fenix is SFF are provably wrong). So vote with your wallets peoples!

Hereafter follows many awesome pictures:
U1In0Zw.jpg
83Kk8ud.jpg
x88GXDV.jpg
TCoHXxv.jpg
QQpQ6tg.jpg
M5L***n.jpg

Soldato
OP
Im liking the idea of this with a Corsair H100 along with my current set up. Ok so its a little bigger than my SG05 but the extra cooling will help keep my 2500K going a bit longer as I eke out the MHz.

Really love the ODD placement too. Pure genius.

Associate
Just moved to the Q11 for my main build a month back after playing with many an ITX case for media centers in the past. It works pretty well, but within days of having it I was re designing the smallest gaming ITX case I could... it is actually DAMN close to this M1...

Saves me to trouble of paying someone to make it, to find there are more issues - looks like the quality is going to be great (esp if Lian Li are involved) and has many a feature more...

Support all the way from me! :)

Soldato
Tbh it's a pretty straightforward internal layout, and it took mainstream manufacturers long enough to eventually catch on with that psu location (silverstone mostly, others are still stuck in the past - yeah LL I'm looking at you...).

What's fantastic about this design is the flexibility of the whole thing, without compromising much of the volume. The number of options you've got, from simple things like orientation, to things like watercooling... genius. :D

Associate
O Lian Li are awful with PSU locations and sizes when it comes to m-itx cases. Its amazing to think how much smaller most of their cases could be if they made them for SFX rather than ATX. Many would allow you to fit a decent tower cooler in if they rotated the SFX and exhausted out the top.

Soldato
OP
With a mini-DTX motherboard, dedicated sound card and a beefy dual GPU card, it's going to be a little beast.
Agreed but
Pity there aren't any decent Mini DTX boards out there.
Which is a shame....ish. When you look at cases on the market the "DTX" ones only have two slots so as soon as you put a decent GPU in there is no point in the extra pci-e slot on the board and the only other cases with more than 2 expansion slots are mATX so you may as well get an mATX board. Would love to see more of this kind of case and a move from ITX to DTX. I could have sworn the guys over at Losias were working on a community designed 1155 DTX board for gaming/OC.

I want one

anything similar available now?
Not that I'm aware of. SG05 is nice as is the SG07/8 but nothing really comes close to this level of flexibility as of yet.

Associate
Price has to be right though. Certainly wouldn't pay any more than £100 for a case.

It would be nice if the price was sub £100 but I doubt it... in the link they are estimating $160 - 200, which is a fair bit over the £100 mark, but for (potential) best m-ITX gaming case made its not costing much when compared to m-ATX and ATX cases from Lian Li.

Soldato
So did anyone order the M1 from the intial run and has a build waiting to go? As I'm looking for inspiration beyond [H] to sway my future Haswell based build.

Seems I can scratch Lan-gear Infinity as store page has been broken for months. So deciding between the following in order of preference.
  • SG05 - Don't want a black case which is only colour available in this country.
  • SG03 (reuse) - Bigger than I require, but has servered me well.
  • Ncase M1 - Lack of information from end users to highlight any problems.

Associate
I've paid for the advanced delivery, though if I do get one I can't imagine I'll hold on to it... I seem to be changing cases every 6 months at the moment and that has to stop... its costing me a fortune and they've overflowed out of my flat and into work for storage... its not good.

But yes it looks lovely but so is my Q11... One thing I don't like about the M1 now its at prototype is the fact they say almost no ATX PSU can fit... just adding more cost.

Soldato
That is a gorgeous looking case, I've been trying to shrink my build so it's easy to move around as well as taking up less space, and this looks perfect for both a sound card + dual slot GPU. The PSU placement seems a great idea as well. All I need to do is sacrifice my BD drive for a slim slot one and get a smaller PSU.

If only there was more DTX boards...

Back
Top Bottom