• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-X questions

Soldato
I have a couple of these cards and neither are voltage locked. Both have duel bios and both the PCB's are blue. One of the cards is powered by 2x 8 pin power connection and the other one, 6 pin and a 8 pin power connections.

Soldato
OP
I have a couple of these cards and neither are voltage locked. Both have duel bios and both the PCB's are blue. One of the cards is powered by 2x 8 pin power connection and the other one, 6 pin and a 8 pin power connections.

thanks for the answer
which one is the newest 8+6pin or 2x8pin?

Caporegime
can I also use 3 monitors using 2x dvi + 1x hdmi?

I don't know but i have a similar question.

Apologies in advance for a small thread jack and a slight thread derail.

If i were to connect two monitors to my card how would i go about that? Using dual link dvi on my 1440p screen but i was thinking about connecting a 1050p monitor as well.

Soldato
I have one of these but my initial attempts of overclocking seem to suggest there is some jiggery pockery going on with the voltage. I can oc the card and unlock the voltage adjustment in afterburner but possibly only in the AB UI, when monitoring the voltage it seemed that the card would readjust the voltage by itself. I got to 1150 on core but no matter how I adjusted the voltage it wouldn't go higher without crashing in Heaven and the voltage graph reading in AB wasn't corresponding to what I had set it to.

Soldato
OP
I don't know but i have a similar question.

Apologies in advance for a small thread jack and a slight thread derail.

If i were to connect two monitors to my card how would i go about that? Using dual link dvi on my 1440p screen but i was thinking about connecting a 1050p monitor as well.

I found out that we still need to use an active display port adaptor or a display port monitor.

Back
Top Bottom