** OcUK Tech Lab 'Prolimatech MK-26 Equipped' Custom R9 290X **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

Available for pre order now, this Sapphire 290X comes pre fitted with a Prolimatech MK-26 cooler.

All you need to do is add two fans of your choice. Ideal for if you want to go for silence or all out performance. The choice is yours.

Temperatures are slashed and overclocking capability is improved with this cooler as well as the obvious advantage of being able to run large fans at slow speeds meaning your R9 290X will be quieter and more efficient than with that horrible stock cooler.

We will commence building on these the second that the Sapphire cards arrive.

OcUK Tech Lab Custom R9 290X 4096MB GDDR5 Prolimatech MK-26 Cooled Graphics Card

WC-055-TL_400.jpg

The New, Ultimate Solution

The OcUK Tech Lab H2O Custom R9 290X combines the fastest Single Core Graphics Solution on the planet with the most effective cooling solution.You can expand your visual real estate across three HD displays in jawdropping 3D and experience immense framerates with blistering graphics.

The Prolimatech Mk-26 is meticulously crafted. Designed and engineered for maximum cooling capabilities and efficiency. Compatible with most popular graphics cards, the MK-26 provides a quieter alternative to other inferior VGA coolers.

Choose between the MK-26 and the MK-26 Black Edition.

This Graphics Card is shipped without fans. In order to operate correctly, you must fit 2 fans to the cooler.

This cooler is compatible with 2x 120mm or 2x 140mm fans.

We suggest Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro series fans for quiet operation and great cooling performance

AMD Radeon R9 290X is a new graphics card powered by the latest AMD Radeon™ R9 290X graphics-processing unit (GPU). 4GB of super-fast GDDR5 memory for the best gaming experience at the highest resolutions including 4k and incorporates AMD Eyefinity and TrueAudio technologies to enable expansive multi-display setups and more accurate environmental sounds. R9 290X also includes support for both DirectX® 11.2 and AMD's new Mantle application programming interface (API) for great handling of even the most-demanding PC games.

Features:-
- DirectX 11.2 Support
- Open GL 4.2 Support
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio support
- Crossfire Support upto 4-way: Native software crossfire (No bridge required)
- Gaming @ 4k Resolutions (UltraHD)
- Synergy with next-gen game consoles (Mantle)
- Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture - optimized from previous generation products

Specification:-
- GPU: Hawaii XT
- Stream Processors: 2816
- Core Speed: 1000MHz
- Memory Speed: 5000Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- Cooling: 2-Slot Blower Fan
- Fan Speed: 20% - 40% (Quiet Mode) & 20%-55% (Uber Mode)
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 750W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warranty: 2yr

From £551.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Have these been tested yet?

Would be good to see some benchmarks regarding temps before possible buying.

currently running one in heaven using some random fans we found in the office.

the temps arent going above 55'C

same scenario on stock cooler was 30'c worse

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
stock clocks and fan speeds

85'C in heaven on MK-26 cooler

55'C in heaven on MK-26 cooler

Overclocked at 1200 Core + 1.4V

stock cooler at 85'c with 100% fan speed

MK-26 cooler at 72'C with silent fans.

Soldato
AMD used a design which will fit in anything and does not cost a fortune.

The MK-26 won't fit in many cases and is very expensive.

Maybr so but after years of the same cooler design which isnt great you would think they could innovate a new cooler especially for a hot flagship monster card like the R9 290x.

Kudos to ocuk folks for doing these coolers as a great alternative and sharing your results + 1 ocuk!

Soldato
It's really not fair to compare this with a reference cooler.
Yes, the ref cooler is outdated poo, but things like the MK-26 are designed to smash 3rd party coolers out of the park, never mind bog standard ref jobbies :)

Soldato
I think this just shows how awfully crap the stock cooler is. I was initially considering it as I have a 90º mounted RV02 with epic airflow but even so they seem to be terrible. If nvidia can drop the reference 780's to match in price then I think a lot of people would be swayed in that direction. I used to have a Gelid Icy Vision cooler on my GTX470 and it was awesome. Shame you guys don't stock them any more at for about £30 you get a truly awesome cooler and deadly silent. No throw that onto a 290X and for £450 you got a smashing card with cooling performance better than any manufacturer cooler.

Associate
after seeing the benches looking at one or two of these rather than going 780 sli. having no concept of how big that thing is, would you be able to fit 2 of them in say a corsair 750d or is that being very silly?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
They fit in a 650d.

Two would fit in a 750d but you would need a fair gap between the cards. I will measure the height tomorrow.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
It isn't that heavy. No drooping from what I have seen. The main point of weight is centralised on the core mounts which is between the pcie bracket and board slot. Its less weight distributed on the whole board than a water block for example.

This card has better heatsinks on the hot ram components than the cooler usually comes with. I will upload pictures tomorrow.

The design of the cooler blows cold air across the entire PCB evenly. It is great for cooling the vram and vrms

Associate
I always wondered why the cooling solutions of cpus are often better than the hottest component in a pc. Very nice cooling solution there!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Right then

Some more information here to answer drunkenmasters questions in the graphics section and hopefully explain a little more about the setup on this card.

this is the board layout and shows where the heatsinks go and what heatsink from which kit we are using.
IMG_20131024_172437.jpg

this is the configuration used on the retention plate:
we use the smaller rubber standoff and the thicker plastic washers to ensure a secure mount. also use the silver screws not the black nickel ones as they are for GTX680s.
IMG_20131024_173619.jpg

this picture shows the rubber underneath the backplate and the mounting method as well as the half height heatsinks next to the heatpipes from the cooler.
IMG_20131024_173633.jpg

finally, this image shows how thick the card is with the cooler and a 25mm thick fan installed. it takes up 4 PCIE slots
IMG_20131025_084647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom