Spec me a Gaming/Photoshop rig budget £700 inc OS

Associate
Heya

First time poster long time lurker, I'm after a rig that will do me for Gaming but also graphics work and general usage. Internet/Photoshop/Small amounts of video editing. I tend to do all this at once with a million tabs and windows open!

I'm looking for a rig for £700 including OS and with the possibility of adding a second monitor. I currently have an old 15" TFT so don't need to spec me a monitor unless by some miracle i can get a decent spec including the monitor but i can always buy a decent one in the future). I'm moving away from my XBOX and wanting to start gaming on the PC.

Also i hate windows 8 so windows 7 pro would be ideal

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So what would the overall suggestion be then? I've been looking at plying DayZ / BF4 nd anything else that takes my fancy next year, obviously it's a fair whack of money to spend so want to make sure i'm alright for the next few years. I'm mainly a multitasker but like i said further up i want the ability to mess with cubase(or alternative)/audio editing/photoshop. Does the i% give the bigger bang or should i go with the FX-8320?

Soldato
You're going to have to have a rethink anyway as that GPU is no longer listed and the other 7850s are nearly £50 more. With your budget I think you'll be stuck with AMD to be honest

Associate
OP
You're going to have to have a rethink anyway as that GPU is no longer listed and the other 7850s are nearly £50 more. With your budget I think you'll be stuck with AMD to be honest

So how much are we looking at for a decent spec Intel system then, just wondering whether to wait a few months and save up a bit more? It's that phrase "stuck with" AMD they've always seemed a bit like "It'll do for a budget but you're better with Intel"

Back
Top Bottom