• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Collector

Is there a 9800XT there?

Edit: Ah wait, yeah. How can he not have a 9600 Pro. Classic...Come on if you're going to be a sad act at least get it right! :D

X800 XT was probably the biggest performance jump in GPU history. Was also the first GPU to jump over to PCI-E, along with the 6800 Ultra.

The fact I know that makes me want to shut up now.

Last edited:
Is there a 9800XT there?

Edit: Ah wait, yeah. How can he not have a 9600 Pro. Classic...Come on if you're going to be a sad act at least get it right! :D

X800 XT was probably the biggest performance jump in GPU history. Was also the first GPU to jump over to PCI-E, along with the 6800 Ultra.

Radeon 9500Pro is more of a classic ! It was only on the market for 6months untill ATi found out they didn't sell 9700 & 9700Pro's because the 9500Pro was too darn fast for the price !. So they made it EOL and disabled a pixel shader and threw it back out as the Radeon 9600Pro which was slower.

I think the performance jump from Radeon 8500 to Radeon 9700Pro was immense ! the 9700Pro totally destroyed GF4 Ti4600.

Remember when Doom 3 came out and we had to wait for the 512MB cards to enable Ultra textures? :D

People were drooling over both those cards, really felt like progress.

Lol, you know he's a fan boy instantly when you see the first card :D (It's a Rage Fury MAXX, a double GPU turd ATi launched out of desperation to try and keep up with Nvidia when Geforce hit and Radeon was still on the drawing board, until now I didn't know any actually sold ^^).

#4 looks like a 9700 pro, but #7 looks like a 9800XT, what are the two between? :S

I think the performance jump from Radeon 8500 to Radeon 9700Pro was immense

Yeah, they even re-branded the 8500 as the 9100 IIRC.

Stock cooler's haven't evolved much for a while except for the 7990 :p

The 7990 cooler is a FirePro/GL cooler designed for use in rack-mount systems.

Last edited:
9800 pro was mine, infact the computer is still at my parents house and used rarely, the fan on the pro has given up but its not stressed enough for it to care, what a powerhouse.

OK from left to right

Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon, Radeon.:D

Damn hes good

Back
Top Bottom