Deepcool Lucifer CPU-Cooler - Product Review

OcUK Staff
If you are looking for an air cooled solution with great performance and a competitive price look no further as the new Deepcool range have landed this week at OcUK.

The people at Deepcool were kind enough to send me some of their coolers to have a play with so over the past few weeks that’s what I have done.

Lucifer –

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-005-DC

- Imposing top model with massive power.
- Extremely high performance due to a 140mm fan
- Entirely bickel plated with anti-oxidant coating
- Convex full-body base plate
- Passive use possible
- Supports CPUs with up to 150W TDP (active)
- Supports all modern sockets of AMD and Intel
- (high contact pressure thanks to back plate screw connection)
- This Large 140mm CPU cooler from Deepcool can be used with or without a fan and is optimised to be cool and very quiet.
Specifications of the cooler:-

- Overall Dimension (Without Fan)140X110X163mm
- Overall Dimension (With Fan)140X136X168mm
- Net Weight1079g (With Fan)
- Heatpipe6X6mm Heatpipe
- Fin MaterialAluminum
- Base MaterialFull-copper base
- Fan DimensionF140X26mm
- Fan Weight143g
- Fan Speed700±200~1400±10%RPM
- Rated Current0.17±10%A(MAX)
- Power Input2.04W
- Max. Air Flow81.33CFM
- Noise17.8~31.1dB(A)
- Rated Voltage 12VDC
- Operating Voltage 10.8~13.2VDC
- Starting Voltage 7VDC
- Bearing Type Hydro Bearing

Myself and Jargan installed and tested the Cooler on the following system:

Gigabyte Z87X-OC
Intel i5 4570
8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 1600Mhz
Asus HD 6450
Intel 530 120GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU

The cooler is very simple to install following the instructions or not, we did notice that there is not much clearance with the memory slots however so low profile memory must be used. We initially tried it with Corsair Dominator Platinum but once it was installed the cooler wouldn’t sit correct.

The cooler was tested at stock speeds on the system and the temperatures recorded were very good with it being an air cooler. At idle we were running around the 25 / 26 degree mark and under load the average temp’s were around 46 / 48 degrees. The maximum recorded temperature was 51 degrees; temperatures may vary in an enclosed system however.

The cooler’s fan is very quiet which amazed me being honest, even under full load I couldn’t believe how quiet it was compared to its rivals. Overall we were very impressed with the cooler as it does live up to and match its other rivals such as the Phanteks PH-TC14 and the Noctua DH14 but it is a fraction of the price which makes this a serious contender when considering air cooling.

In conclusion I would give the cooler a good 9.5 / 10 it offers unbelievable performance of more expensive coolers, quiet and almost silent use and the bargain price. Get your cooler today from OcUK and you won’t be disappointed.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-005-DC

Thanks

Bailey

Associate
The totally illogical part of my brain is telling me that I should buy this cooler.

My Gelid Tranquilo is great, but this cooler looks greater !

:D

OcUK Staff
OP
For the price it is unbelievable guys, it comes with 4 fan clips so adding an additional fan at the back side of the cooler is easily doable.

I have used a Gelid Tranquilo in the past and being honest with you this cooler is a lot better.

Buy Buy Buy :p

Regards

Bailey

OcUK Staff
OP
The cooler isn't bad Raikiri, it performs really well.

I still cant get over how impressive this was for the price as well

Bailey

Back
Top Bottom