**TODAY ONLY! 14/08/2014** Samsung EVO 840 500GB SSD & Belkin AC Wireless Bundle! **NO BELTS!**

OcUK Staff
Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gb/s Basic - (MZ-7TE500BW) @ £174.98 inc VAT

HD-169-SA_400.jpg

The Samsung SSD840 EVO is a high performance SSD designed for power users. Capable of delivering up to 98,000 IOPS Random Read Speed and 540MB/s Sequential Read speed, it is an SSD of unrivaled high performance. Even better, the advanced MEX controller delivers these speeds regardless of data type, unlike some competing controllers that greatly favor compressible data.

• Capacity: 500GB
• Sequential Read: 540MB/s
• Sequential Write: 520MB/s
• Random Read (QD32, 4KB): 98,000 IOPS
• Random Write (QD32, 4KB): 90,000 IOPS
• Random Read (QD1, 4KB): 10,000 IOPS
• Random Write (QD1, 4KB): 33,000 IOPS
• Warranty: 3 Year

Only £174.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

______

Belkin AC Wireless Bundle AC1800 Dual-Band Router and AC Wireless USB Dongle (BELF9K1118UK/BUN) @ £79.98 inc VAT

NW-144-BE_400.jpg

AC 1800 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router

The AC1800 DB router delivers the ultimate in speed and coverage thanks to the latest advancements in Wi-Fi technology. AC Wi-Fi signals travel faster and farther than the current standard and with Belkin's Simple Start installation is easy and quick - just use a smartphone, tablet or computer to set up your router. Intellistream QoS automatically prioritizes video and gaming streams, giving you uninterrupted video streams.

Now everyone can stream multiple HD movies and play advanced online games on their tablets and ultrabooks—virtually anywhere in the house.

The AC 1800 DB operates 4.3x faster than ‘N’ technology*, at up to 300Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1.3Gbps (5GHz)†. The Dual-Band technology creates independent Media and Standard bands for optimized speed and performance. Exclusive Multi Beam antenna technology minimizes dead spots while optimizing video streaming to multiple devices.

AC 1800 DB is backwards compatible with wireless ‘G’ and ‘N’ technology. And it’s easy to set up, thanks to pre-connected cables and the simple startup wizard.

*Up to 4.3x faster physical data rate when compared to 802.11n Wi-Fi routers using two antennas to transmit and receive data. Actual speeds will vary depending on a number of factors. In order to achieve the best performance, router must be used with a compatible wireless device.

Up to 4.3x faster than ‘N’ technology
Optimized performance for faster and more reliable delivery of online content to your Wi-Fi devices.

Features: Fastest Dual-Band Speeds
Get the fastest dual-band speeds for video streaming and gaming-up to 300Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1.3Gbps (5GHz)† for delivering maximum speed to multiple devices.

Simple Start
Easy setup in minutes. Brower-based window uses your smartphone, tablet or computer to install your router in just minutes.

IntelliStream
Belkin’s proprietary Intellistream QoS (Quality of Service) automatically prioritizes video and gaming for uninterrupted high-speed streaming.

Parental Control Powered by Norton
Blocks unsafe and inappropriate content automatically for all the devices on your network.

Media Server
Stream multimedia content to DLNA devices throughout your network

High Powered Signal
Exclusive MultiBeam antenna technology provides maximum coverage virtually anywhere in the home.

Two USB 2.0 Ports
For ultra-fast media streaming and printer sharing

Backwards Compatible
Works seamlessly with ‘N’ and ‘G’ Wi-Fi devices.

Four Gigabit Ports
Connect multiple wired devices at gigabit speeds.

AC Wi-Fi Dual-Band USB Adapter

EASY SETUP
Connect your computer to your modem or router without cables. Just plug the adapter into your computer’s USB port and insert the setup CD, and you’re ready to connect to the Internet from anywhere in your home.

DUAL-BAND SPEED
With powerful networking technology and improved coverage, the Belkin AC Wi-Fi Dual-Band USB Adapter is ideal for streaming Full HD video and playing multiplayer video games with less lag time. Simply plug the adapter into an available USB port on your computer to experience connection speeds of up to 867 Mbps

NEXT-GENERATION WI-FI
The Belkin AC Wi-Fi Dual-Band USB Adapter brings next-generation Wi-Fi to your laptop. Enjoy the speed and performance of the most powerful networking technology ever developed. Stream HD video seamlessly with no buffering.

BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE
Compatible with all major Wi-Fi router brands and sets up quickly and easily. Experience maximum speed, reliable connectivity and improved coverage wherever you go.

Only £79.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
I think you might be wrong. From what I can see they range from £185 - £195 in other retail chains apart from one, which is £1 in it. So I would say that is pretty competitive.

Im sorry but i think your actually wrong. Its not competitevely priced. Can pick it up Sub £160.

Also it seems OCUK have sold it above RRp as well. Bit Disappointing. Would like to see it being a permanent reduction in price

ssd_zps0211c033.png

Image coppied direct from samsung UK website

Soldato
Im sorry but i think your actually wrong. Its not competitevely priced. Can pick it up Sub £160.

Also it seems OCUK have sold it above RRp as well. Bit Disappointing. Would like to see it being a permanent reduction in price

Sorry. There is one place that I have never heard of that has it cheaper. Certainly not from any main competitors.

The average price if you go onto google actually works out at £180

The place that is selling them cheap has the 750GB evo cheaper than anyone even has the 500GB version.

Edit: I can't see pictures at work due to filters, however the 500GB Evo has a RRP of £190.79 which would make the drive below this price. I am not sure what your getting at.

Buy from probably the best known e-tailer for PC parts in the UK and know you have the customer support at a price that currently is below competitors or buy from an unknown and run the risk of the purchase with no support?

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry. There is one place that I have never heard of that has it cheaper. Certainly not from any main competitors.

The average price if you go onto google actually works out at £180

The place that is selling them cheap has the 750GB evo cheaper than anyone even has the 500GB version.

Mr Gump is selling it @ less than 160 plus free shipping.

Associate
Erm, someone you absolutely will have heard of and is a significant competitor to here has them listed for sub-£160 in such a way that you're effectively buying from said heard-from company. Man, it's hard to discuss without saying names!

Edit: Ahh spleeny, that feels like cheating! :p

Soldato
Going to be honest that deal wasn't appearing just by typing the model in as it wasn't highlighting the basic version. Saying that I don't buy from them. Too many issues in the past with PC parts.

On another note the other top 4 pc etailers are still more expensive than ocuk and some significantly so, while being over rrp so I don't think much can be said on the deal here.

Soldato
Fair enough. You guys were right. I did miss two links to be fair to prices around the £160 mark on some large competitors.

Although I think this highlights the way items are advertised and the price difference. After comparing two are cheaper then at the £160 mark discussed , 1 is the same price and 3 are around the £180-£190.

It required me to put in the full product code/name to get them to show on Google in the first 3 pages. The others all show the higher priced non-basic model.

Best thing to do is let anderp know how non-competitive you feel they are and he can go find out why and see what they can do to improve.

Last edited:
Associate
Fair enough. You guys were right. I did miss two links to be fair to prices around the £160 mark on some large competitors.

Best thing to do is let anderp know how non-competitive you feel they are and he can go find out why and see what they can do to improve.

That's exactly what I was aiming for in my OP :)

Associate
LOL Curlyriff :)

Sounds like you need coffee & lots of :) If something I'm working on isn't going right, I just keep applying more coffee until either it works or I start twitching. One way or another it's a good result :D

Soldato
LOL Curlyriff

Sounds like you need coffee & lots of If something I'm working on isn't going right, I just keep applying more coffee until either it works or I start twitching. One way or another it's a good result

I am starting to twitch nicely now. Normally work best on the come down from the caffeine rush as the mind starts to settle into a rhythm of thoughts and design ideas.

Although all this talk of custom PC's/Build Logs/SilverStone Tek has my head spinning at moment too.

Back
Top Bottom