5 beeps on boot?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the link but im only using HDMI and still get the beeps when using card or onboard.
Ive now stripped it all out and put it all back to still getting the beeps, Very curious
all from a bios update

Associate
OP
Update.
well I got it sorted out after a while, removed everything bar ram, plugged in an old dsub monitor and no beeps. So i could run two monitors from onboard graphics and and the beeps were gone and the bios displayed the correct size, but as soon as i took out the dsub I got the over sized bios screen and 5 beeps again.
so after a lot of tweaking in the bios putting pci-e cards in and out I gave up in the end thought I would just take out the motherboard speaker so I could not hear the beeps, I could live with an oversized bios screen as long as windows loaded correctly. So i put everything back together went to the Asrock support page and downloaded all win 8 drivers again and installed them all afresh just in case any had been corrupted while swapping out disks an pci-e cards and windows not loading because the bios had defaulted back to IDE and so-on and so-on. After all were installed I rebooted and NO BEEPS (WHAT! had I plugged the dsub back in NO! had i already took the speaker off the mobo NO! so I rebooted into the bios and all was good :confused:
So how I fixed it is any ones guess
The only thing I changed inside the PC was to move my tv card from one pci-e slot to another.
The only other thing I can think of is when I downloaded the windows 8 drivers it updated drivers to accommodate for Ivybridge and that corrected the fault in the bios somehow.
Anyway I contacted Asrock support and told them the problem I had and they said update to BIOS L2.31A Beta. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom