**TODAY ONLY! 14/11/2014** GALAX GeForce GTX 970 4GB & Acer XB270HA 27" G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Widescre

OcUK Staff
GALAX GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card - OEM (97NPH6DT6XTZ) @ £239.99 inc VAT

GX-004-GX_400.jpg

The new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980/970 is powered by the next generation NVIDIA Maxwell Architecture, giving you incredible performance, unmatched power efficiency, and cutting-edge features.

Maxwell is the most advanced GPU architecture ever made, designed to be the engine of next generation gaming. Inspired by light, it was designed to solve some of the most complex lighting and graphics challenges in visual computing. For the first time, gaming GPU's can dynamically render indirect light using the new VXGI (Voxel Global Illumination technology). Scenes are significantly more lifelike as light interacts more realistically in the game environment.

The GTX 980 is the worlds fastest GPU and the GTX 970 offers the most advanced performance in its class. Each delivers 2x the performance of previous-generation card, bringing new gaming experiences to virtual reality, and ultra resolution 4k displays.

Enable the detail of 4k monitors, on a 1080P display. DSR produces smoother images by rendering a game at a high resolution, then downscaling it to the native resolution of the display using advanced filtering.

GeForce GTX 980 and 970 cards support tear-free, super-fast NVIDIA G-Sync monitor display technology including 4k. Together, these technologies provide the most immersive and competitive gaming experiences possible.

Features:-
- Radial fan blower design, better for SLI configurations and lower temperatures but at expense of being louder than NV 980 cooler and custom designs
- Voxel Global Illumination Technology (VXGI)
- NVIDIA® Super Resolution technology
- NVIDIA® GameWorks technology
- NVIDIA® GameStream technology
- NVIDIA® TXAA Technology
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0
- NVIDIA PhysX® Technology
- NVIDIA FXAA Technology
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
- NVIDIA Surround
- Support for four concurrent displays including: Two dual-link DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2
- Microsoft DirectX 12
- NVIDIA® 3D Vision® Ready
- NVIDIA SLI® Ready Technology
- NVIDIA CUDA® technology
- PCI Express 3.0 support
- OpenGL 4.4 support
- OpenCL support
- NVIDIA SHIELD Ready
- NVIDIA G-Sync Ready

Specification:-
- Radial fan blower design, better for SLI configurations and lower temperatures but at expense of being louder than NV 980 cooler and custom designs
- GeForce GTX 970
- GPU: GeForce GTX 970 (GM204)
- Core Base Clock: 1050MHz
- Core Boost Clock: 1177MHz
- Memory Clock: 7010MHz
- Memory Size: 4096MB GDDR5
- Bus Type: PCI Express 3.0
- Memory Bus: 256-bit
- CUDA Cores: 1664
- DirectX 12: Yes
- DVI Port: 2x Dual-Link DVI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- DisplayPort: Yes
- HDCP: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- Power: 2x 6-Pin
- 450W PSU Required
- 150W TDP
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £239.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

_____

Acer XB270HA 27" G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red @ £335.99 inc VAT

MO-067-AC_400.jpg

Acer XB270HA gaming monitor as the world’s first 1080P 27" display featuring NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology to provide stunning, ultra-smooth, tear-free imagery and rich colors for outstanding gaming experiences. It features Acer’s flicker-less, low-dimming and ComfyView technologies that reduce strain on the eyes for smooth and comfortable extensive viewing.

The Acer XB270HA is intended to be paired with enthusiast PCs for immersive, ultra high-end gaming. It features a spacious 27-inch LED backlit display with True HD (1920 x 1080 pixels).

With a GeForce® GTX™-powered PC, NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ display technology synchronizes the display’s refresh rates to the GPU to eliminate screen tearing and minimize display stutter and input lag to deliver smoother, faster, more breathtaking gaming experiences. Scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper and more vibrant, and gameplay is more fluid and responsive providing gamers with significant performance advantages.

The Acer XB270HA features 170/160 degree viewing angles so that brilliantly-colored images can be seen from almost every angle. DisplayPort™ v1.2 transmits video signals and four USB 3.0 ports are conveniently located at the side and bottom of the display for connecting to keyboard, mouse or mobile devices.

The Acer XB280HA monitor is made with post-consumer recycled plastic and features a distinctive red ring on the base stand. The multi-functional ErgoStand allows the screen to tilt from -5° to 35° to ensure the best viewing angle; the base rotates 120° from left or right for easy screen sharing; the panel height can be raised by up to 150 mm for optimum comfort; and the screen pivots from horizontal to vertical for more viewing perspectives.

This eco-friendly monitor features a mercury- and arsenic-free panel, LED backlighting for reduced power consumption, and is ENERGY STAR®(1) qualified.

Features:

- Flicker-less technology – stable power supply eliminates screen flicker particularly beneficial for heavy users by helping to reduce eye strain.
- Low dimming technology – adjust to as low as 15 percent brightness in low light environments to make it easy on the eyes. Standard monitor settings start at 30 percent brightness level.
- ComfyView technology – the non-glare panel reduces reflection from light source.
Specification:

- G-Sync Technology
- 3D Vision Technology
- Flicker-less Technology
- Height Adjust stand with tilt, swivel and pivot
- Display Screen Size: 27"
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Panel Type: TN
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typ)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 10,000,000
- Resolution: 1920x1080 144Hz
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Colurs: 16.7M
- Bits: 8 bits
- Viewing Angle (H / V ): 170 ° / 160 °
- Connectivity: 1x DisplayPort 1.2 (144Hz)
- USB Hub 3.0: Yes (1up, 4down)
- VESA: 100x100mm
- Speakers: No
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £335.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
I've often wondered that, apart from the better cooling and the overclocking headroom, is the extra 60/70 quid really worth it. Would you actually see £60/70 worth of improvement!

OcUK Staff
970s seem to be selling incredibly slowly Gibbo. Maybe £229.99 where the interest picks up.

Selling more than quick enough, these 10 will sell out and we have over 20 different 970 models in stock, total so far today for 970's sold is 410 units, they are selling insanely quickly with MSI being no.1 for the day at 270 units sold. :)

I noticed you trying to suggest the same on the 780Ti deal at the weekend, yet the fact was they sold so quick they were gone by Sunday morning.

We know our market. :)

Associate
I noticed you trying to suggest the same on the 780Ti deal at the weekend, yet the fact was they sold so quick they were gone by Sunday morning.

We know our market. :)

But they WERE selling slowly! It just picked up as the "quantity" available went down and down so people felt pressurised to buy. They then came back on at the same price about 48 hours later!

You know marketing, that's for sure!

=)

Reminds me of those high street stores which used to say "last day closing down sale", but they would be there for years on end.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
But they WERE selling slowly! It just picked up as the "quantity" available went down and down so people felt pressurised to buy. They then came back on at the same price about 48 hours later!

You know marketing, that's for sure!

=)

Reminds me of those high street stores which used to say "last day closing down sale", but they would be there for years on end.

They are selling as predicted, 3 left to last another twelve hours, that's 10 sold in 24hrs on a model we have about 50 in stock as such no need to drop price further and nor can we as they are already silly low price.

970 twenty different models in stock and over 400 sold in 24 hours is proof they are selling more than quick enough.

So everything is proceeding as expected, GOOOOOOOOOD! :D

Associate
They are selling as predicted, 3 left to last another twelve hours, that's 10 sold in 24hrs on a model we have about 50 in stock as such no need to drop price further and nor can we as they are already silly low price.

970 twenty different models in stock and over 400 sold in 24 hours is proof they are selling more than quick enough.

So everything is proceeding as expected, GOOOOOOOOOD! :D

Brilliant news. Overclockers has to be the best PC retailer in the UK. Sooner or later everyone will realise it.

I can remember a few years back being forced to buy PC components in Bangkok and Singapore. Not until you've done that will you realise that customer service is more important than price (although that's not to say OC is expensive because they are NOT).

Got my eye on one of those crazy air-boss 980s now!

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato

Are you still "seriously" buying a new card? :rolleyes: it hard to believe you.

How long did you go on in that other thread for the Zoltac gtx 780 ti yet you talked yourself out of it because you wanted the 970. So now it the 980 at this rate unless it £50 or £100 it be a generation of two before you get one??

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Brilliant news. Overclockers has to be the best PC retailer in the UK. Sooner or later everyone will realise it.

I can remember a few years back being forced to buy PC components in Bangkok and Singapore. Not until you've done that will you realise that customer service is more important than price (although that's not to say OC is expensive because they are NOT).

Best retailor 2013 and 2014 award bagged and our customer service is the best, so the fact our prices are also superb, no wonder were winning. :)

Associate
Are you still "seriously" buying a new card? :rolleyes: it hard to believe you.

How long did you go on in that other thread for the Zoltac gtx 780 ti yet you talked yourself out of it because you wanted the 970. So now it the 980 at this rate unless it £50 or £100 it be a generation of two before you get one??

I am no longer buying a new card. Because I ordered a Galax 980 SOC last night. =)

I have now ordered a superflower PSU as well, because we moved house recently and the wife threw away my old PSU box with the cables in it - I needed another 8 pin cable. But my thermaltake unit was 3 years old so it was a good excuse to spend even more money.

I hope some haribo is on it's way to me Gibbo!

Last edited:
Soldato
I am no longer buying a new card. Because I ordered a Galax 980 SOC last night. =)

I have now ordered a superflower PSU as well, because we moved house recently and the wife threw away my old PSU box with the cables in it - I needed another 8 pin cable. But my thermaltake unit was 3 years old so it was a good excuse to spend even more money.

I hope some haribo is on it's way to me Gibbo!

LOL

So you finally took the plunge. The SOC is a good looking card, it will serve you well.

Associate
It's arrived and installed hooray. At stock it has nearly tripled my heaven 4 benchmark. :):):):)

A quickblast on borderlands pre-sequel and it was 150fps+ everything maxed. Looked amazing.

Back
Top Bottom