Win7 Error On Shutdown - cmd.exe

Associate
I was receiving this error on Windows 7 shortly after updating my Geforce Driver to 344.75. I followed the advice stated in the post above, removing Geforce Experience and it works, no more cmd.exe error on shutdown / reboot - so far, no adverse effects.

Associate
hi,

i just formatted my SSD installed windows 7 and then nvidia drivers now I'm getting this error too , removed ge force experience and error has gone. even tried starting again reformat.

but i was using same driver before had it saved, and no error message so why it's started to show a error now and not before is beyond me :confused:

Soldato
i will be installing windows 8.1 and my GTX 970 at Christmas so i will be keeping this in mind if i start to get the same errors

Man of Honour
It may be related to the Windows Update KB3004394 problems though I've gone back to 344.60 for now as they seem more robust that .75.

Associate
OP
This error appears to be gone after updating to new GeForce Experience 2.1.5.0
Might have been a tiny Windows Update that caused the screwup with the previous version, I'm sure I had the last version of GfExp installed for a few days on one system before the problem arose.

Soldato
when my GPU is in ill download the latest drivers on the day so I know they are the most recent and see if the error happens.

currently running a HD 5830 and windows 7

Back
Top Bottom