KB3022345 failing. Manual install?

Soldato
So Microsoft release a slew of updates today. None critical, but I installed them anyway.

Except KB3022345 is failing. A little google and I'm not alone.

The update is installable manually tho. However how does this affect Windows update? Will it still offer it to me or will it realise it's already installed and not pop up?

I know it's a non critical update but the OCD in me needs it disappeared! :cool:

Associate
I have the same problem and feel the same way about it aswell. I made a post here about it after I was unable to resolve it. Tried safe boot, deleting WU SoftwareDistribution, SCF and image check all failing to fix.

Associate
I'll quote my finding that I've posted on the other site:

Nuluvius said:
I just tested for it in a VM with the latest Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 ISO from MSDN and it's the exact same problem. This is a brand new, clean and unpolluted VM pulling updates. Given this result I'm now inclined not to let my OCD bother me as I'm sure this will be addressed in time by MS.

It's just surprising that their tests haven't picked up on it before it was pushed publicly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe it isn't such a bad thing KB3022345 isn't being installed. Have people read what is and does?

Some Googling of KB3022345 reveals it is a Diagnostics Tracking Service. When looking deeper, it seems to collect keystrokes and other data and transmits it to Microsoft (source).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-privacy-statement

When you acquire, install and use the Programme software and services, Microsoft collects information about your use of the software and services as well as about the devices and networks on which they operate. Examples of data we may collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; location, browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; voice, text and writing input; and application usage. For example, when you:
  • install or use Programme software and services, we may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility (e.g., to help devices and apps work together),
  • when you use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing (e.g., to help the service better translate speech into text),
  • when you open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file and how long it takes to use it for purposes such as improving performance (e.g., to help retrieve documents more quickly), or
  • when you input text, handwrite notes or ink comments, we may collect samples of your input to improve these input features, (e.g., to help improve the accuracy of auto-complete and spellcheck).

Soldato
OP
Maybe it isn't such a bad thing KB3022345 isn't being installed. Have people read what is and does?

Some Googling of KB3022345 reveals it is a Diagnostics Tracking Service. When looking deeper, it seems to collect keystrokes and other data and transmits it to Microsoft (source).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-privacy-statement
Your mixing two different things there.

That update doesnt mention anything about collectig personal information.

As far as I can tell what you've linked to is win 10 preview specific.

Soldato
Your mixing two different things there.

That update doesnt mention anything about collectig personal information.

As far as I can tell what you've linked to is win 10 preview specific.
Possibly, but then I have a DiagTrack service in my Windows 8.1 computer. I have disabled the service with no known bad effects.

Back
Top Bottom